Evoy launches the world's most powerful electric outboard motor

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they can get the battery technology to where it takes up the same space and offers the same range as current outboard gasoline counterparts do @ roughly the same weight as a full tank of gasoline then they should be able to sell some. They'll have to figure out a way to fully charge the batteries, no matter how low, in no more than 8hrs to fully charged as well.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personal Water Craft with this tech, would be hell on the Excedrin market. No more homeowners with headaches.

Seriously though, this tech is interesting, but it's gotta be better, and cheaper than gas, for it to kick in. Also, I've ran more than a tank through a Sea Doo in a day. I better be able to get a set of spare batteries for about $30.

Not trying to be negative. My next lawnmower is likely going to be electric. My trimmer and blower already are.

Jaykay

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Interesting. I would love this on my pontoon where I mostly cruise around on a smaller lake, sipping (or gulping) a beer and enjoying a nice summer day. Quiet would be so nice if the batteries last for a day and charge overnight. Running out of battery would not be much of a problem as I would never be more than about a mile from my lake home and always somebody around to give a pull.

As for noise on jet-skis the newer models are much quieter than the old. Would be fine if the power and performance of the gas models are the same. Why ride a jet-ski that only goes 40mph and takes 5 seconds to get there? Go through a tank of gas in a day? Mine is more like 6-8 gal/hr and with a 14 gallon tank that's a pretty short day. Luckily the grandkids who are burning most of the gas are also in charge of refilling. Don't mind paying for the gas as long as I don't have to fill.

From my knowledge of electric golf carts I'd be questioning the battery weight in a 150hp outboard that would have a running time of a long day on the water. Do agree that the idea is certainly worth pursuing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74