Big Muddy Tournament Date

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that the game & fish claims all these fish we area catching now live in the river & don't migrate.....I think this tourney will prove to them what all the fisherman already know. You'll have the best sticks in the area fishing this tourney & the quality of fish will be nothing compared to their normal tourney in May.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that the game & fish claims all these fish we area catching now live in the river & don't migrate.....I think this tourney will prove to them what all the fisherman already know. You'll have the best sticks in the area fishing this tourney & the quality of fish will be nothing compared to their normal tourney in May.

should be more of a challenge then for the “best sticks in the area” ;:;rofl

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having the Big Muddy where and when they do is akin to what it would be like if Bismarck decided to hold an F-1 or Indy Car race through the city streets during the McQuade softball tournament while also doing some intensive street cleaning, maintenance, chip sealing, turning lane additions in front of every bar, restaurant, and liquor store, while also hosting a 6hr parade from Horizon down Washington to Solheim.

Last edited:

Honored Member
Having the Big Muddy where and when they do is akin to what it would be like if Bismarck decided to hold an F-1 or Indy Car race through the city streets during the McQuade softball tournament while also doing some intensive street cleaning, maintenance, chip sealing, turning lane additions in front of every bar, restaurant, and liquor store, while also hosting a 6hr parade from Horizon down Washington to Solheim.

Your a just a big meanie who wishes daddy would've given you more love. I'm sure you will troll the shit out of this comment because that is all you do. Enjoy.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member

So the fact that all the giant pre spawn females that will eat anything in front of them in early May (and have an extra 10% of body weight) develop lock jaw in late summer and don’t get caught as often means they migrate? Interesting. Of course the weights will be lower, for the exact reasons I just outlined. I think the G&F will still put more faith into their electro fishing data collected using the same areas of river 3x a year over the course of decades than a fishing tournament. I can actually go as far as saying that Paul has likely never even looked at a big muddy weigh in board.

I’ll add the “best sticks” that I know don’t find the need to prove it and would rather take their family fishing than getting involved in a measuring contest

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your a just a big meanie who wishes daddy would've given you more love. I'm sure you will troll the shit out of this comment because that is all you do. Enjoy.

You know what I always say in times like these.

maxresdefault.jpg

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the fact that all the giant pre spawn females that will eat anything in front of them in early May (and have an extra 10% of body weight) develop lock jaw in late summer and don’t get caught as often means they migrate? Interesting. Of course the weights will be lower, for the exact reasons I just outlined. I think the G&F will still put more faith into their electro fishing data collected using the same areas of river 3x a year over the course of decades than a fishing tournament. I can actually go as far as saying that Paul has likely never even looked at a big muddy weigh in board.

I’ll add the “best sticks” that I know don’t find the need to prove it and would rather take their family fishing than getting involved in a measuring contest

It's an interesting debate. Always interesting to see the leaderboards of the Reel & Rec tournament compared to the Big Muddy even though they are usually just separated by 2 or 3 weeks. Not really even comparable most years. Granted it's a less-serious tournament so the effort is no doubt lower as well as the spawn factors.

Would be interesting to know more about the GnF sampling/electrofishing on this river - when they do it, where, etc. The data they have posted for the Missouri river seems pretty representative of what you see when fishing in the spring. https://gfapps.nd.gov/reports/fisheries/nettingreports/004catchreport.pdf
https://gfapps.nd.gov/reports/fisheries/nettingreports/004catchchart.pdf

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your a just a big meanie who wishes daddy would've given you more love.

My mother passed away @ 51, my dad @ 59, both from cancer. NOBODY had better parents than me. I'm thick-skinned and fully understand that I irritate some, maybe many folks. Feel free to say whatever you want to me.

I ask you to please leave my parents, and for that matter my wife and kids out of further comments directed toward me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77