anyone care to hazard a guess....

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mines a 2003, and paid off. Got some minnows from a guy in a similar boat, looked really nice. He said it was an 03 too.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had about 100,000 invested in boat, trucks and camper in 2008. Seamed like a lot to pretend to be homeless. Still have everything just not worth that much but it still makes me happy.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never borrowed money for a boat or a toy and I still get compliments and thumbs up almost every time I am on the water. Old one is 1982 Lund , Not sure what model it is but it has a console with the wide carpeted gunwales and locking rod holders. My other boat for big water or when Grandkids come with is an 87 21' Baron. Both have spent their whole life inside except for fishing days so the paint and carpet isn't faded. The most asked question I get is what year is it ? I just like old stuff that still works.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of my stuff is old enough to be vintage so it’s cool again.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Can't wait to put collector plates on my daily or should I say weekly drivers,

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't wait to put collector plates on my daily or should I say weekly drivers,

I have a couple of collector cars that came with pioneer license but the way the law reads you can only drive them to or from a car show or similar event or to or from storage. I wonder how close they watch for that and how hard they hammer down on that ?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There's a car show somewhere. Just like its 5 oclock somewhere, Now I got that stuck in my head, thanks Jimmy Buffet.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad folks are doing well enough to pay that kinda money for boats especially if there are folks in this country building and selling them. I'm blown away at the prices they get for outboards, it's incredible. Hopefully a few more companies jump in to maybe even things out a bit. Either that or I'll just need to make more money, I'm good with either or both.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad folks are doing well enough to pay that kinda money for boats especially if there are folks in this country building and selling them. I'm blown away at the prices they get for outboards, it's incredible. Hopefully a few more companies jump in to maybe even things out a bit. Either that or I'll just need to make more money, I'm good with either or both.

Same here , Most of the time it means one more used boat for sale. I have been able to own some pretty awesome used boats that would have otherwise been out of my budget .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought for the most part everyone was pretty polite. Nothing really unsafe.

Same here, especially when the kids and I got ready to leave. Neither kid is capable of trailering the boat or backing up the pickup, so I'm one of those who has to tie off to the ramp and run up to get the truck. I try to be as courteous as I can to those in line, but at some point I will have to tie off and occupy the ramp for a few minutes. Thankfully, I have had this rig so long it only take 2 minutes for me to back down, trailer the boat, and be off the ramp.

Ok, ok, more like 3 minutes...

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I saw the most amazing job of unloading I’ve ever seen right after I put in. Someone in a pretty new white Lund. Guy backs him down and in one motion the dude starts the boat and is off the trailer. I don’t think the truck ever stopped. Went straight from backing up to pulling out of the water. I think they were on the ramp all of about 20 seconds. I was in awe.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any idea why they don't have the second dock in? I don't fish Htown a lot but seems like it usually is? Would make things a lot easier...

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw the most amazing job of unloading I’ve ever seen right after I put in. Someone in a pretty new white Lund. Guy backs him down and in one motion the dude starts the boat and is off the trailer. I don’t think the truck ever stopped. Went straight from backing up to pulling out of the water. I think they were on the ramp all of about 20 seconds. I was in awe.

Probably had a drotto. Think I need to get one.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to see the value at the ramp in about 2 years, 5 years

I can tell you that the Ranger's hold their value. Just go to walleye central and check their classifieds. Price some Rangers that are over 15 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably had a drotto. Think I need to get one.

Drotto's are for loading not unloading.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea why they don't have the second dock in? I don't fish Htown a lot but seems like it usually is? Would make things a lot easier...

Just put in a courtesy dock way off to one side to drop guys off, don't even need another dock then.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't take us much longer if I've been running my boat a lot for the year. I know my boat is not sliding off my bunks, I always unhook everything before it hits the water. I'm always going to start it and run it a few seconds first. 1 or 2 minutes isn't worth risking my boat.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last summer I was pulling in to Fleet Farm and a big lifted Chevy Dura max pulled up with a really nice Ranger boat all decked out. He got out of the pickup with a wife or girlfriend. I was looking at it as he walked by. Now my guess is he maybe 30 yrs old. And he says to me as he wearing his Ranger shirt, pretty nice isn't it. I said yes it is, looks like about $125,000 worth of loans. His wife or girlfriend slaps him on the arm and says I told you so. Very nice rig, just to rich for me.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, even my old Azz that buys really old stuff has $50,000 in stuff, counting the wife's car. My boat in an 03, camper is 05, and truck is a 97. ALL paid for!

When my ex decided we needed a camper to keep up with the Jones' back around 2009, I had a $50k pickup, a $25k camper and a $22k boat, or roughly $100k invested by the time we added in grills, camping toys, etc.

Nowadays, that same setup (yep, I still have it after the divorce) is worth about $12k for the pickup, camper got replaced in 11 because of a wind storm, but it's about a $14k camper, and the boat (oldest of the toys) is maybe worth $13k. So around $39k in today's dollars.

Hmmm, this keeping up with the Jones' shit is pricey.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
And today it could be way worse. A pick-up would still be around 50-60k. The mid-grade campers seem to be in that 40-50k area now, the boats jeez the boats. 50-60 isn’t going top of the line. I saw more than a few “fishing” boats in the 75-100k range walking through the last sport show I attended. If a guy really wanted to keep up with the jones’ it wouldn’t take long to jump into that 200-250k range real quick. Simply amazing

- - - Updated - - -

Add in to that fact the state parks in their infinite wisdom decided you should have to book your camping spots 6 months in advance should you want one and it makes it real hard to justify. With ND’s excellent weather you end up canceling over half of your reservations and still paying for most of it or just going to not give away your fees for nothing all while sitting on shore in the rain and 30mph wind all weekend. Add up this and my above post and that’s pretty much why I sold my camper and have the equipment I have.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last summer I was pulling in to Fleet Farm and a big lifted Chevy Dura max pulled up with a really nice Ranger boat all decked out. He got out of the pickup with a wife or girlfriend. I was looking at it as he walked by. Now my guess is he maybe 30 yrs old. And he says to me as he wearing his Ranger shirt, pretty nice isn't it. I said yes it is, looks like about $125,000 worth of loans. His wife or girlfriend slaps him on the arm and says I told you so. Very nice rig, just to rich for me.

Was she hot?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76