Open Water 2020

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Docks are probably not in yet on Audubon? Shouldn't be long, though, right? Hopefully by the weekend....

I drove across 83 last Saturday afternoon. auddy had maybe 100ft open around the entire shoreline. the ice was dark looked awful with many hairline, cracks of open water . it had a lot of ice to move yet but with these temps and wind I think its possible for auddy to be open by the wknd.

eliminator

Honored Member
Was by audubon late today and there is a lot of ice yet but the ramp at totten trail is usable and there was a boat on the water. North Lake had 2 boats on it and it appeared to be ice free. The audubon side on the east end was open but there appeared to be ice further out in to the lake to the west.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Docks are probably not in yet on Audubon? Shouldn't be long, though, right? Hopefully by the weekend....

Fitz I fished Audubon yesterday...no docks in-put the boat in at 3 Mile just beached it but ice sheet still on main lake beyond car body. 3 Mile bay and north ice free.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove around Audubon last night. North Lake and east end embankment area are wide open, boats fishing it and using the cabin site ramp. No ice in sight from the cabin site ramp. I did not drive down into 3 mile as we had just gotten a pretty good shower. Down at Totten Trail, the only visible ice was way SE Gull Island and the pass through to head by boat further east. It was not good looking ice.

There is still a small ice sheet floating from the east point of Sportsmans Centennial out over the 7 sisters and meets up with Mallard Island. It clears up about by the west totten ramp and goes south to mallard island. On Wednesday night, you could not get by boat from Ft Stevenson to 83. But you could put in at West Totten and get to 83 haha. I imagine that has changed now and wont be an issue by the end of the weekend.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77