Ticks are out

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If it aint one thing its another. Worst part is the crap is starting to overlap.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It won’t help with dogs, but if you spray your outside clothes with permethrin and tuck them in with your bottoms layers overlapping as you go up , you will almost never have a tick On you ever. It has been a game changer for me for turkey hunting, morel finding, and absolutely puts my kids’ minds at ease.

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as they arent the lyme carrying deer ticks I will never complain, (much anyways). Had a good friend who's life was nearly ruined for years until he finally recovered. That is one scary thing to catch, they can't seem to fix it.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put drops on my dogs about 5 days ago after getting them trimmed.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, frontline'd my dog last week in anticipation of this. I haven't picked one up yet, yet.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Used to have a pair of hunting pants for turkey hunting that had ties at the bottom. Made a huge difference in ticks. Unfortunately, crawling over barbwire fences over the years made them less tick proof. I also don't bring any outer wear clothing indoors until the season is over unless they are going directly into the wash.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It won’t help with dogs, but if you spray your outside clothes with permethrin and tuck them in with your bottoms layers overlapping as you go up , you will almost never have a tick On you ever. It has been a game changer for me for turkey hunting, morel finding, and absolutely puts my kids’ minds at ease.
That stuff works good! Applied some to all my clothes before a trip to Missouri during peak tick and chigger season and luckily didn’t end up with one on me after multiple miles a day in the grass.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That stuff works good! Applied some to all my clothes before a trip to Missouri during peak tick and chigger season and luckily didn’t end up with one on me after multiple miles a day in the grass.

I've performed the ultimate test...walked through some woods with my permethrin laced, permethrin sprayed tick clothing. No ticks.
Took the same walk about 1/4 of the way and after finding about 15 realized it was a horrible idea and abandoned the test.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah that stuff works wonders. Was out in the turkey woods Saturday and didn’t find a one on me. And the turkey hunt was a success was done by 820am or so!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've performed the ultimate test...walked through some woods with my permethrin laced, permethrin sprayed tick clothing. No ticks.
Took the same walk about 1/4 of the way and after finding about 15 realized it was a horrible idea and abandoned the test.

Don’t forget to douse your boots too!

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe this cold spell dipping to 17 degrees overnight will knock a number of them out. :;:rockit

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Just hit a couple of new spots on the Mouse, and pulled 5 ticks off of myself.
Fun stuff.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh............... is better than sitting in the house watching TV.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have used Nexguard tablets in the past..decided to do the collar thing this go round.. Anyone have any experience using Seresto? Reviews look good. just got it in the mail from Amazon so its going on the doggie today and it will be interesting how it works thru the months ahead.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74