Nordic Track.... WATCH OUT!

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hard to bitch when you don't read the fine print, but I'm going to anyways because I'd guess less than 10% of Americans don't read it. We ordered the Peloton equivalent of their exercise bike at the beginning of the month.

After 10 days we finally got notification of the only shipping date available, May 6th! I get it, COVID-19 has us handicapped as a country and we didn't order the bike at the right time, but the wife and I both agree we aren't waiting 5 weeks for a $2k bike that's going to arrive at the beginning of summer, camping, and open water season.

Here's where it gets frustrating, sitting on hold for a combined total of 46 minutes yesterday to not speak to anyone. Using the callback system feature three times and never receiving a call back. Finally, sitting on the phone this morning for over an hour, arguing about a return policy for a bike that hasn't even departed the shipping company. This call was maybe 10 minutes of conversation and over 60min of being on hold; I'm pretty sure they just keep you on extra long holds to beat you down and give up to pay the stupid fee.

Long story short, we're going to eat an assload of fee's for a bike we never saw. Bottom line, Noric Tracks policies are borderline criminal.

Read that stupid fine print before you click order on EVERYTHING!

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Restocking fees for something that never left the warehouse? What a load. Here's some contact info for the higher-ups at Icon, which owns Nordic Track. It comes from Elliot Advocacy, which is a nonprofit consumer protection group that goes after companies that are trying to scam or dupe honest people. Sometimes a properly worded email to someone high enough on the food chain can get the results you're looking for. Good luck!

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/icon-health-fitness/

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude, call your Credit Card company and have all of the charges stopped. <10Min. Explain you have hr's into calls and the issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction, then let them go to work on it on your behalf, that's what you pay them for.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to rub salt in the wounds but i bought an older style nordic track at a rummage sale 2 yrs ago. $50. I TRY to use it daily. Works like a charm. Heart rate,calories burned, speed and distance traveled are sketchy on the thing but dont need that...fit bit and samsung health have that anyway. Hope you get your issue resolved!

That guy

Honored Member
ordered a pedal bike for my youngest through wallmart. Got an e-mail saying it shipped and will be here april 8th. Checked the fedx tracking number yersterday it still sitting in PA but they did manage to print the shipping label it said.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Restocking fees for something that never left the warehouse? What a load. Here's some contact info for the higher-ups at Icon, which owns Nordic Track. It comes from Elliot Advocacy, which is a nonprofit consumer protection group that goes after companies that are trying to scam or dupe honest people. Sometimes a properly worded email to someone high enough on the food chain can get the results you're looking for. Good luck!

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/icon-health-fitness/

Thank you, I do write better than I speak so it's worth a shot. Not sure how much of a leg I have to stand on, but "technically" it did "leave" the warehouse as it's sitting at the shipping company. Still pretty ridiculous if you ask me!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you, I do write better than I speak so it's worth a shot. Not sure how much of a leg I have to stand on, but "technically" it did "leave" the warehouse as it's sitting at the shipping company. Still pretty ridiculous if you ask me!

My work requires that I ship items all the time, all over the US. I would try and try and try, via written word, to get them to suspend the restocking fee. If they are out some money, due to them having actually shipped it even part way, then they might charge you for that. But above those fees, they ought to let you off the hook.

Sometimes the lightly veiled threat of "I'm going to splash this all over social media" works, as long as you will only tell the truth.

Too, do like you're doing. Journal every step of the way. Show them that you're being diligent. That you're not someone who ordered this one night while drunk. That you would love to get the thing, except it's not going to be reaching you in a timely manner.

Best of Luck..

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude, call your Credit Card company and have all of the charges stopped. <10Min. Explain you have hr's into calls and the issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction, then let them go to work on it on your behalf, that's what you pay them for.

Go this route, your card co. should stand by you. And if your CC co doesn't. Cut it up and don't pay them fucks either

Coalburner

Honored Member
Hahaha I thought I was the only one who did that - If they won’t deal with me I will report it as fraud on my credit card. I really enjoy when I pre warn them that I am gonna do it before it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Go this route, your card co. should stand by you. And if your CC co doesn't. Cut it up and don't pay them fucks either
I am so happy that other people have the same attitude - here I thought I was alone in this!

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
A bit of a side subject, but instead of going the nordic track/Peloton route I'd get a smart trainer. If you have a bike you like to ride already, something like a Kickr Core or Garmin Tactix will do the same thing as the Peloton. Lots of apps out there, Zwift namely, but others that are similar to Peloton. I have a Kickr Core and use Zwift in the winter time for bike training. It is a butt kicker and a great, fun workout. And a lot less money that a Peloton.

Coalburner

Honored Member
A bit of a side subject, but instead of going the nordic track/Peloton route I'd get a smart trainer. If you have a bike you like to ride already, something like a Kickr Core or Garmin Tactix will do the same thing as the Peloton. Lots of apps out there, Zwift namely, but others that are similar to Peloton. I have a Kickr Core and use Zwift in the winter time for bike training. It is a butt kicker and a great, fun workout. And a lot less money that a Peloton.
I love my Peloton - always hated cardio and I almost use that thing every day. Peloton’s resale value is unreal too. You can almost sell a used one for the same price as a new one.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ummm , just a thought , wouldn't it be cheaper or better for you to just actually walk or ride a real bike and enjoy reality ? Just saying !!

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ummm , just a thought , wouldn't it be cheaper or better for you to just actually walk or ride a real bike and enjoy reality ? Just saying !!

Totally get it, I run over 300 miles yearly outside. It's not just a bike with these programs anymore, it's the membership to live/recorded classes like body weight workouts, yoga, biking, etc. It's those cold ass winter months where it really comes in handy.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Take your pick whether walking or riding, the biggest hill in Fargo goes over the Interstate. If you want to add/subtract resistance provided by going up or down hill, and you live in Fargo, Grand Forks, Wahpeton, Grafton, Hillsboro, etc, you're going to have to simulate the hill, or, ride back and forth over one of the Interstate bridges.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take your pick whether walking or riding, the biggest hill in Fargo goes over the Interstate. If you want to add/subtract resistance provided by going up or down hill, and you live in Fargo, Grand Forks, Wahpeton, Grafton, Hillsboro, etc, you're going to have to simulate the hill, or, ride back and forth over one of the Interstate bridges.

Found that out when the wife and I were training for the half marathon in Fargo. They route had us go under somewhere on 10th. First incline or decline I ran that wasn't a curb. 2nd time we ran it, I was living in Bloomington and had plenty of hill work. I PR'd by 40 minutes.

bilbo

Honored Member

The wind is our hill work. Some of the rides I've done in Southern MN and WI with rolling hills were probably more physically demanding, but not nearly as miserable as the long slogs into the wind I've done around home. Doesn't really help with running though as the stride and mechanics can't be simulated.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member

This is why I have been deciding if I want to spend the money on a nordic track treadmill with a steep incline ability. I am in decent enough shape to walk all day but when you add hiking up hills/mountains out west takes my wind away pretty quickly.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love my Peloton - always hated cardio and I almost use that thing every day. Peloton’s resale value is unreal too. You can almost sell a used one for the same price as a new one.

I don't disagree. My point is that if you have a bike you already ride, any smart trainer and an app can provide you with a very similar experience. And you can put it in the closet when you're not using it.

If I had to use wind as my resistance training I'd quit. We have hills here and days with wind is brutal!

Coalburner

Honored Member
I don't disagree. My point is that if you have a bike you already ride, any smart trainer and an app can provide you with a very similar experience. And you can put it in the closet when you're not using it.

If I had to use wind as my resistance training I'd quit. We have hills here and days with wind is brutal!
For me it’s not really the trackers or anything like that on Peloton I like it’s that I can compete 7 days a week. You can compete against friends or just people in ND or even globally. That’s why I enjoy it so much.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75