Slow your ass down and pay attention!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why keep it secret boys.

Probably because there are attorneys involved on both sides who want to adjudicate in court rather than the court of public opinion. I don't have a clue if that's the case, but, it sure seems likely.

I can't imagine "NDA's need to know" is very high on the crasher's or crashee's list of important things to get to.

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was another similar skeeter that hit them. They were stopped, pulled into a spot to fish. The kicker probably saved the passengers life deflecting the bow of the boat over some.
And thank God the 5 year old was in the driver's side jump seat!
His boat was so far on top of them that it even hit and bent his front pedestal seat over, amazing no one was seriously injured or killed.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably because there are attorneys involved on both sides who want to adjudicate in court rather than the court of public opinion. I don't have a clue if that's the case, but, it sure seems likely.

I can't imagine "NDA's need to know" is very high on the crasher's or crashee's list of important things to get to.

^^^^^^ This!

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was another bad wreck this week in the general area. This time in the dark and guys were almost killed.
They were pulling cranks when a big glass boat ran by teenagers ran them over from the rear, they jumped to save their lives. Sounds like it was a very close call.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any bets this keeps happening there will be a speed limit posted on the river.

Honored Member
There was another bad wreck this week in the general area. This time in the dark and guys were almost killed.
They were pulling cranks when a big glass boat ran by teenagers ran them over from the rear, they jumped to save their lives. Sounds like it was a very close call.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can understand not putting names out there, but I think a lot of us are curious as to "where" this happened, and that's not something that i'd consider a national secret.

I was down at Hazelton a couple years ago the day it happened there as a guy rounded the corner with his bow held high. So I am curious as to the location so I can judge for myself just how constrained the shipping channel is and other factors. Anyone care to enlighten me?

By the way, if you have a boat that has a serious problem with the bow rising when getting up on plane, you should consider putting on a hydrofoil. They really can help lower that rise and give the driver a better view of what's ahead.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

? Navigation Lights on trolling boat ?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heskit area.

Really? I was out late Friday and Saturday nights, and didn't see this, but it could have been before I started. Ouch. The channel on the west side is not wide. Throw in a bunch of guys shore-fishing, and a wide bar down the middle of the river, and there's not enough room to rip through there, yet people do.

I've watched fishing boats tear through there (expensive ones and not-expensive), big cuddy cabins, fastboats, and pontoons. I wonder, as I watch them tear by in the night, tunes thumping, what percentage are piloted by people with gin-soaked brains.

dbllung

Founding Member
Founding Member
It happened Wednesday or Thurs around 10:00- 10:30 PM, Heskitt area. It was only a matter of time with GPS and guys thinking they can ran flat out even after dark. Reports of BIG fish being taken after sunset when fishing pressure slows down has started a somewhat new trend here locally. I foresee more accidents of this type in the future...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the added info. I haven't been around the Heskitt area much the past couple years. Sounds like the zoo I remember though.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
whenever I am boating after dark I always have my trusty little LED flashlight in my pocket or within reach. They throw a heck of a beam that would hopefully catch someone's attention.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
DB hit the nail on the head. lots of guys fishing after dark the last 5 weeks or so. 2 guys been screaming by a buddies house up north quite regularly sometimes lights on some times not. They beached one boat on a bar in the dark and had to leave it over night already. ACCIDENT waiting to happen!!!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
It happened Wednesday or Thurs around 10:00- 10:30 PM, Heskitt area. It was only a matter of time with GPS and guys thinking they can ran flat out even after dark. Reports of BIG fish being taken after sunset when fishing pressure slows down has started a somewhat new trend here locally. I foresee more accidents of this type in the future...

As long as they don't drive right over the guys standing in the river, up to their waists. I know in current, I'm not that agile. If a boat comes along fast, I can't get out of the way. Then again, they shouldn't be moving quickly in 3 ft of water anyhow. There are plenty of rocks there too, to dissuade some people.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i made a habit of fishing at night i would definitely have some very visible LED's installed on my boat, and a spot light at arms reach to strobe a boat if it was coming at me.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
cache.php

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81