Ultrasonica cleaner

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been sitting here cleaning my varmitor 3.0 for about 3 hours now and am only about 50% done. Is there a good ultrasonic cleaner out there that people have used?

Siouxeet

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep us posted on how it works. I was in the same situation with my Varminter a few weeks ago and had the same thought.

Bluegill

I used an ultrasonic cleaner on my baffles for a while it worked ok. There were still big chunks of carbon that wouldn’t come off. I bought a cheap rock tumbler from harbor freight and wet tumbled them with stainless steel media and a bit of dish soap. After a few hours tumbling they come out looking like new.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the baffles and end cap, I use a pick to quickly scrape the big chunks out, then I put them in 1/2 CLR and 1/2 water in a cheap ultrasonic cleaner. I wish mine was big enough to fit the tube in. CLR works wonders on carbon, is safe on titanium and stainless, but don't use it on aluminum.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used "The Dip" to clean the baffles on my Varminter. 50/50 ration of hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar. It works amazing! But it creates lead acetate so use extreme caution handling it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70