• Trolling

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Jigging

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Cranking

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters

bobberdown

I am guessing that some of the younger crowd have never heard of a Zebco 202. I grew up on those reels, and a 303 was magic! Nowadays, if you don't have the phlueger (spl) a G.loomis , or the St Croix rod it seems that you are out of the loop! Guess What? Fish don't care if you are sitting in a 85.000, sparkly or a 10 foot jon boat. Fish don't care if you are sitting on shore! Fish don't care if you are using a snoopy rod or a Dora the explorer rod jigs have always been my go to, weighted or floating, but a 3 or 4 foot snell,live bait rig is tough to beat.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The old Zebs were great in the days of my youth. Still have some hanging in the garage, Just cant seam to throw them away its like a old movie just to look at them.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I voted crankn, since that's what I do a lot. I do it all though, but when I fish alone, It's a lot easier to fish two lines with cranks. Plus I fish a lot in June, when the crank bite is really good.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing beats the tap on a jig for me. I do troll cranks alot in the summer unless the fish are all in one area then it's back to jigs.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am guessing that some of the younger crowd have never heard of a Zebco 202. I grew up on those reels, and a 303 was magic! Nowadays, if you don't have the phlueger (spl) a G.loomis , or the St Croix rod it seems that you are out of the loop! Guess What? Fish don't care if you are sitting in a 85.000, sparkly or a 10 foot jon boat. Fish don't care if you are sitting on shore! Fish don't care if you are using a snoopy rod or a Dora the explorer rod jigs have always been my go to, weighted or floating, but a 3 or 4 foot snell,live bait rig is tough to beat.

I grew up with them too, You had to dunk a 202 in the water to get the drag to work right. I cleaned up my Dads old 606 last winter and it casts like a charm even with kinky old line, I'm going to string it up with new line and use it this summer. #Traditionalfishing

- - - Updated - - -

The old Zebs were great in the days of my youth. Still have some hanging in the garage, Just cant seam to throw them away its like a old movie just to look at them.

I have quite a collection , Someday they will be worth big money. #$%^&>

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Catching big pike on live Creek chubs

- - - Updated - - -

Creek chubs I spent an afternoon catching with hook and line

- - - Updated - - -

Also depends what I am fishing for pitching in -1 foot of water for walleye is fun but so I'd marking them in 35 ft on structure and putting the smack down on em. Pulling big suckers for big muskie late in the year is actually my absolute favorite the more I think about it

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69