Jason Mitchell Outdoors

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
The part about the net still having the jug in it! That's me, all the way.

I lost a fish the other night and my crank popped me right in the chest.

I also had a pair of glasses broken once, by a walleye I was hugging to my chest, with my hands full. That stuff is too good to not be true.

nybs

Honored Member
Great story. The fumbling around w the net and trying to reel w his teeth make it so relatable...

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
At least i have that tackle in my tackle box so dont need to go make a run on it.:;:muahaha

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have kept the cheeks if nothing else.

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you think there will be any boats down there on Saturday? ;)

haha I literally called GF today to inquire about other docks in/ramp status around the area specifically so I can enjoy the day with my wife and kids and not be part of that.haha I cannot imagine what hazelton will be like and I would bet beaver will be plenty busy too. I might join the craziness when my brother jumps in with me, but Saturday I wont be there. haha good luck to everyone going out stay safe!

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't imagine netting a 34" fish by yourself, with garbage in the net on top of it. I'd have been between the cameraman putting the dang camera down and helping me out or do we dare miss this footage? All in all i'm thinkging the film will be more entertaining with Jason netting it himself based on the story.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here ya go.
Really like and respect Jason, but no scale or ruler..come on man! Cool video thou for sure.
I've been around 32+ inch fish over the years.
I'd say this ones about 32" and 14 lbs, great fish.

Last edited:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should we take up a collection to get him a bump board and a scale?

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should we take up a collection to get him a bump board and a scale?

I think there is a reason no bump board or scale. Get the fish back in the water, healthy and kickin'. But who knows. As many shows of his that I have watched over the years, I've never seen him weigh a fish or measured one in the boat. So he's always been without that gear me thinks for a reason.

Puzzling to me in the video is they layed the fish down on the boat carpet to "measure" it but never did say anything about it's length in the off the water pieces of the video. I heard about a 34" measure on the big girl when the story broke but nothing was said in the video. Maybe they measured the spot on the boat where the fish layed tip to tail when they had access to a bump board/tape measure some time later??

Awesome video, fish, and story nonetheless.

Last edited:

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
If he kept it or released it, he was screwed either way. Joe Public woulda probably called for a hanging if the poor guy kept it. But in all seriousness, how long did it take every scheels in the state to sell out of the new Salmo plastics?? :fishon:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think there is a reason no bump board or scale. Get the fish back in the water, healthy and kickin'. But who knows. As many shows of his that I have watched over the years, I've never seen him weigh a fish or measured one in the boat. So he's always been without that gear me thinks for a reason.

Puzzling to me in the video is they layed the fish down on the boat carpet to "measure" it but never did say anything about it's length in the off the water pieces of the video. I heard about a 34" measure on the big girl when the story broke but nothing was said in the video. Maybe they measured the spot on the boat where the fish layed tip to tail when they had access to a bump board/tape measure some time later??

Awesome video, fish, and story nonetheless.

Awesome is right. I'm a JM fan. I was also waiting for them to report the length in the video. As far as not having scale or tape in the boat, I don't get that. It is pretty obvious from the video that there is on camera footage and then there is some off camera time as well. I can understand maybe never putting that stuff (weighing, measuring) on camera but they could certainly do it off camera for their own curiosity and could also choose to edit in or out whatever they want.

Regarding the sale of Salmos….can you imagine if they could boast that the state record was caught on a Salmo?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
the only time I enjoy fishign shows is to learn new techniques

other than that I get bored real quickly and keep thinking "screw that guy, he's fishing/catching and I'm sitting here watching him do it like a groupie"

yes, I'm kinda different

except 39 hours - those were actually fun

the twins slay me

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
I have spent a lot of time fishing with Jason and its of no surprise to me that doesn't have a bump board or scale in the boat. The guy genuinely doesn't care about numbers. He just likes to catch fish.

Last edited:

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beautiful fish, makes no difference to me that we don't know exactly how big it was but I too would be curious to know where the 34" measurement came from.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently he doesn't have a scale or tape sponsor........seems like a great opportunity here Jason.......;)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great video. He seems to truly enjoy his craft. As far as a bump board and a scale. I guess he can do what he wants. I carry them for me. I just want to know for myself.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pretty damn cool. I’d rather have it on video than on the wall anyway...well maybe both but having it on video means you can look at that fish alive forever. I’d watch it every night before going to sleep and never go to bed angry again for the rest of my life!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75