Keeping spirits/alchohol

ThomasBradley

Most people store wine in the fridge, but how about other spirits or alcohol? For example, I’ve heard that vermouth should be stored in fridge after opening, and consumes within a few months. I didn’t do it with my last bottle and didn’t seem to feel an obvious change after nearly a year of storage in room temperature. Another bottle a Brittany apple alcohol Chouchen (about 14% alcohol) goes a bit weird in the cupboard, with residue and colour changed. How about you, what makes you decide what to put in the fridge.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I drank, my booze did not get old. (nor did it freeze, when stored in the freezer).

This is why I no longer drink.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I make some fruity vodka and sugar based liqueurs. They taste like Robitussin when you first make them, but store them buggers in the fridge for 6 months and they are awesome.

Store them another 6 months and they are unbelievably delicious.

Store them for a couple of years and...who are we kidding, they haven't made it that long. Maybe this batch (currently at about 5 months) may see a bottle go that long. They are all best served cool to cold though, room temp takes the enjoyment to a slightly lower level.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I mostly drink whiskey and bourbon, but on occasion have some rum. I used to keep m whiskey/bourbon in the freezer, then the fridge. Currently i like whiskey on the open shelf and bourbon out of the fridge, can't tell you why though. I've always kept rum in the fridge as well.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I make some fruity vodka and sugar based liqueurs. They taste like Robitussin when you first make them, but store them buggers in the fridge for 6 months and they are awesome.

Store them for a couple of years and...who are we kidding, they haven't made it that long. Maybe this batch (currently at about 5 months) may see a bottle go that long. They are all best served cool to cold though, room temp takes the enjoyment to a slightly lower level.
Yessir, love me some plum dandy! ;:;boozer

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

Make anything with grapes? I always have more grapes than I need...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have to ask this question, your not drinking fast enough.;:;boozer Store my Fireball in the freezer, the 1800 margarita bottle is in the fridge, everything else is in the bedroom closet.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is like fireball with a flavor I can’t put to words 6/10 would drink again

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lycan,

No need for grapes here. I get around 100 lbs of them a year in a good year. The birds get 2-3 times more than that.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have to ask this question, your not drinking fast enough.;:;boozer Store my Fireball in the freezer, the 1800 margarita bottle is in the fridge, everything else is in the bedroom closet.

Bedroom shenanigans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had a bottle of Johnny Walker red for 10 year now. It was a 40th birthday present, and i will drink it this summer on my 50th, or maybe it will wait another 10 years. That is the oldest bottle i have, all my booze is on shelves in my bar room, i keep one bottle in the freezer, that is the one the last about a month, then gets replaced with a full one.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone tried drinking ND Sweet Crude ? I ran across this article and thought it was interesting.

https://www.agweek.com/business/489...ly-recipe-uses-local-crops-to-produce-liqueur

Davey, I found ND Sweet Crude at 1030 Liquors on N Broadway in Minot and bought a 750ml bottle tonight. It tastes a lot like Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey at 2x the price. Cash Wise has Cinnamon at $15.98 for 1 liter and I paid $23.99 for a 750ml of ND Sweet Crude before taxes on both. I think I'll stick with Cinnamon.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76