69,937 deer tags in 2020

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Twitch:
Maybe we are all to set in having our ways that we will never work together to give some in order to get some for the good of all when it comes to hunting. db

Unfortunately this may be what costs us all the most in protecting the activity we all enjoy, however we choose to enjoy it.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know what people are talking about I get a survey every year.

I think the goal of ever state game and fish is for maximum recreation opportunities. It's also what the motels, restaurants, and bars want. Bow hunters spend a lot more time afield than gun hunters so I don't think they want a one tag season. The businesses want all they can get, which I guess is natural if you own them. Like many of you have stated I may choose the bow myself if I only got one tag. However in states that have done this they have lost up to 80% of their bow hunters. Many gun hunters think what the heck I can get a tag I'll buy one, but the rifle and better success rate wins for many of them. Another interesting thing that was published in I think it was Outdoor Life years ago that when they go to one tag system the guys who are very successful with a bow stick with a bow, but the guys who are gun hunters and just having a little fun drop the bow. This results in much less recreation opportunity, but not that much reduction in the number of deer killed with a bow. It's very complex and I have read things I sure never thought of myself, but they make sense.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76