Car tires VS Gravel Roads

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cheapest ones you can find.

Drive the truck in winter.

On "slick" I'll take a snow-tire equipped car's low center of gravity. They stay stuck to the road better, are less effected by wind gusts, and are easier to stop.

Drifting/deep snow, a pickup or full-size SUV's extra weight and clearance is appreciated.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with the Celsius. Excellent tire but I doubt they would last on gravel. Not sure if they even make anymore but Tiger Paws were excellent on gravel on a Toyota Celica " many" years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

if i was you, i'd check into bfg ko2's and see if they have a size that would work... have run them on 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ton trucks for years on every surface and am completely sold on them... great traction and pretty good mileage from every set...

In my mind these are very minimal tires. Excellent traction when new but could barely scratch out 40k out of 2 different sets on both ,a 1996 1/2 ton GMC and 04 Duramax . Same with a set on work truck. Yes, rotated personally every 5000 miles, wheel alignments when tires were new.
Never again for me. . .

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
You will not get any tire to last 40,000 running gravel. I don’t care what kind of tires you run. I have had real good luck with Celsius tires on my wife’s Buick Enclave. On the second set. First set went around 30,000 which is good with driving the gravel we do and my wife’s heavy foot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74