Ranger Trailers

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard on walleye central that ranger let all their trailer employees go, and sent letters to dealers that all 2021 glass boats will have E.z. load trailers.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its what you get when bass pro/nitro is running the show.
Its what Johnny Morris does, fricken loser.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeh, I know most were very happy with their Ranger trailers and from what I could see, they mad a nice trailer. With that said, EZ Loader has everything from cheap trailers to very nice trailers. I've had an EZ Loader underneath each of my last two Yar-crafts and the Skeeter before those. Each one I have had has been better than the previous. I will say, the full aluminum one that I have currently is a very nice trailer. It pulls well, is quality built, and they used stainless hardware on most everything so there's zero rust. I have no complaints. Hopefully, JM at least negotiated to put some of the better EZ Loaders under rangers but who knows any more..........

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its what you get when bass pro/nitro is running the show.
Its what Johnny Morris does, fricken loser.
I’ll do my part and boycott all Nitro and Ranger boats! These boats are getting more and more ridiculously expensive. If I was going to spend 70k on a boat it would be Ranger over Nitro all day, although Skeeter would get my money before both.

- - - Updated - - -

Slowly ruining Ranger and Cabela's simultaneously...
They are slowly renaming all the tried and true Cabelas designs to Bass Pro and making them cheaper quality. The advanced angler bags used to have quality tackle trays and now they are the flimsy bass pro ones. I do miss Guidewear clothing the most and they got rid of almost all of that.....

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh, I know most were very happy with their Ranger trailers and from what I could see, they mad a nice trailer. With that said, EZ Loader has everything from cheap trailers to very nice trailers. I've had an EZ Loader underneath each of my last two Yar-crafts and the Skeeter before those. Each one I have had has been better than the previous. I will say, the full aluminum one that I have currently is a very nice trailer. It pulls well, is quality built, and they used stainless hardware on most everything so there's zero rust. I have no complaints. Hopefully, JM at least negotiated to put some of the better EZ Loaders under rangers but who knows any more..........
Aluminum and the stainless combination would worry me if you ever pull around salt. I think this set up would fail under those conditions before a traditional constructed one.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have had 4 EZ Loaders under my YarCrafts with zero issues to date. The are well balanced, good quality, and pull very well. I had 1 Ranger trailer with constant liquilube hub issues.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do miss Guidewear clothing the most and they got rid of almost all of that.....

Me too, and I rip on them about it every time I get a survey.

I pretty much refuse to buy anything with the "Redhead" Bass-Pro label.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Expensive they never have been cheap ---- god rest his soul but Wood's new brand boats are even more expensive. I see they have one on Main ave - it will be interesting how long it will take to sell.

- - - Updated - - -

everything is china china china

Snapper

Expensive they never have been cheap ---- god rest his soul but Wood's new brand boats are even more expensive. I see they have one on Main ave - it will be interesting how long it will take to sell.

- - - Updated - - -

everything is china china china

Where on main Ave is there a Vexus boat?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where on main Ave is there a Vexus boat?

J and K right accross the street from the outlet camper place. "its at the corner of 144 payment street and Toy avenue":;:cheers

- - - Updated - - -

the thing looks like a caddy --- all white and shiny --- no sparkles and the engine is all dressed up in white too.

I dont know about you all - but women are really not impressed with these boats --- they want a bennington

Snapper

I heard on walleye central that ranger let all their trailer employees go, and sent letters to dealers that all 2021 glass boats will have E.z. load trailers.

I just got an email back from Ranger after I asked if Ranger Trail Trailers will no longer be produced for their Ranger lineup:
This is a consideration as we are now partnered with White River Marine Group. When a firm decision is made, they will make an announcement. So for now, it’s speculation.

This is right from Ranger Boats.

happy fishing!
#$%^&>

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got an email back from Ranger after I asked if Ranger Trail Trailers will no longer be produced for their Ranger lineup:
This is a consideration as we are now partnered with White River Marine Group. When a firm decision is made, they will make an announcement. So for now, it’s speculation.

This is right from Ranger Boats.

happy fishing!
#$%^&>

Translation:

"Summbitch, some employee found out and spilled the beans before we had a chance to frame the narrative ourselves."

Snapper

J and K right accross the street from the outlet camper place. "its at the corner of 144 payment street and Toy avenue":;:cheers

- - - Updated - - -

the thing looks like a caddy --- all white and shiny --- no sparkles and the engine is all dressed up in white too.

I dont know about you all - but women are really not impressed with these boats --- they want a bennington

ha! Yup, Vexus big selling point is they can match your vehicle paint and repairs can be made at any body shop. They will never have metal flake, too much work involved. Thanks shorthairsrus :;:cheers cheers.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
..................Aluminum and the stainless combination would worry me if you ever pull around salt. I think this set up would fail under those conditions before a traditional constructed one.

Well, that might be problem for some however mine is never going to see salt and if it does, it'll be washed upon reaching it's destination. I doubt that's an issue for 99% of boat owners, just sayin.

What I can say, is trailers that don't have stainless hardware start showing signs of rust on the hardware within 2-3 years. I've changed out bunk hardware on my last two trailers to stainless after seeing what 5 year old steel lag bolts look like when you take them out.............

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, that might be problem for some however mine is never going to see salt and if it does, it'll be washed upon reaching it's destination. I doubt that's an issue for 99% of boat owners, just sayin.

What I can say, is trailers that don't have stainless hardware start showing signs of rust on the hardware within 2-3 years. I've changed out bunk hardware on my last two trailers to stainless after seeing what 5 year old steel lag bolts look like when you take them out.............
you had to take yours out, haha mine just rusted off at year 8.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member

I've seen the same. Funny how the threads of the lag screws just rust away, leaving nothing really holding into the bunk. I have an aluminum EZ Loader under my boat, and am very impressed. The cost of the trailer wasn't bad either. They are not as pretty as the trailers with fiberglass fenders, but do have excellent quality. I have seen a lot of trailers in the $6,000+ price range. I have been around several Ranger trailers, and they are very good, but also leave some things to be desired. The ones I have seen don't have stainless lag screws, have a mediocre tongue jack, are horrible to step up into the boat from the fender, and are prone to cracking fenders. They do have a nice park brake and look really nice. I would guess Ranger will have EZ build higher end trailers, or there are many customers who would complain.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77