Wireless Trollmaster 3 question

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
I am debating adding a wireless trollmaster but my buddy has one and his seems to lose signal and cut out a lot. Is this normal? Thanks

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the Pro3, I do not anymore, here are my opinions:
- Battery life sucks, since the units is not rechargeable make sure you have lots of AA batts in the glovebox. This was probably my biggest complaint with the Pro3. If it didn't die while I was using it, it was dead when I needed to use it.
- I never had any issues with signal cutting out, what I did find is that the smaller adjustments (down more than up) wouldn't move the throttle body enough, so even though you have adjustments of 0-252, its more like increments of 5 or better before things start responding. I got to where I used the idle and resume feature quite often to get the servo where I wanted it. I am told there is this issue in the Pro2 with the knob as well.
- If you remote only gives 0-100 for increments, you have a Gen1 servo that adjusts the throttle body too much with each increment. I was seeing changes of .8-1.4 mph with each increment. I contacted customer service that fall, they spent the winter in R&D and mailed me a new servo with the 0-252. Trollmaster has great customer service!
- I did love the part where I could clip it to my belt loop and move freely around the boat.
- I now have the iTroll.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79