2020 governors cup

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the hell is the deal with all the pansy ass shit going on

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to stick up for the game and fish. In the last few years I have lost every once of respect that I have had for them.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to stick up for the game and fish. In the last few years I have lost every once of respect that I have had for them.

Actually, in this case, the G and F didn't make this decision. They actually stated they wouldn't cancel the permit. This was a decision made by the tournament committee and people are pissed! I am one of the people not happy about it. I look forward to this event every year.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the G&F canceled all fishing tourneys for the summer??

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the G&F canceled all fishing tourneys for the summer??

Nope they told all tournaments after June 1st they were not pulling the permits so the tournaments could go on as planned if they followed the guidelines. This was the tournament committee’s decision

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotcha!

- - - Updated - - -

Seems odd the tournament committee chose to cancel this tournament. Just make everyone wear a mask, cause we all know that prevents you from getting it. Hahaha

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would some of the worry wart pansies who support this boneheaded decision please describe for us the thought process that goes into things like this so that people who aren’t pansies can grasp what is driving this epidemic of pansieness?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Simple fix start a board and get the permit for those dates since the pussy board canceled. Call it some thing cool like the fu Kung flu fishing tournament .

Snapper

Simple fix start a board and get the permit for those dates since the pussy board canceled. Call it some thing cool like the fu Kung flu fishing tournament .

If you don’t have a Tournament permit in before the deadline you won’t get one now (not sure when that deadline is but when the G&F come out with the statement to not revoke any Tournaments from June 1st on they also said no additional Tournaments would be allowed if you didn’t have a permit for one already). The Governor’s Walleye Cup board mentioned they just could not meet the expectations for the COVID-19 guidelines put out buy the G&F. Believe me I’m sure this was a very difficult decision for the Town of Garrison as well. That is a lot of money lost for the community. I fish the Cup and will not cancel our stay there, we’ll still fish our own tournament and have fun. We are not happy at all but you have to respect the decision made and move on.

Anyone heard if the DWC is still a go?

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone want to buy a couple of plastic dog kennels that are no longer needed now because of the cancellation?

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Would some of the worry wart pansies who support this boneheaded decision please describe for us the thought process that goes into things like this so that people who aren’t pansies can grasp what is driving this epidemic of pansieness?

It’s just sad that the world has changed this much over the last 20 years and really just the last year or so! Sad thing really is we have no say and the ones making these decisions don’t have to explain it, they are just to be taken care of by us complying with what they say for us to do and IMO it’s bullshit! It’s sick how dumb this whole pandemic has gotten and it’s not going away I’m afraid!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It probably has something to do with liability. Thanks to these law firms that advertise on TV , Those ads like, "Did you use talcum powder once and get cancer ?" I can just about imagine the covid 19 commercial . Have you been to an event and test positive for covid ? file your claim with us now you may be entitled to $$$

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It probably has something to do with liability. Thanks to these law firms that advertise on TV , Those ads like, "Did you use talcum powder once and get cancer ?" I can just about imagine the covid 19 commercial . Have you been to an event and test positive for covid ? file your claim with us now you may be entitled to $$$

you already sign a waiver if you die falling in they are not liable just add a wu flu paragraph. At this point everyone knows what they are getting into. If you don’t like it stay home but it’s time to quit cowering from this damn thing and move on. Let people choose

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree 100% The restrictions have been lifted time to get thing back on track. I have no idea why they would have cancelled it. I was grasping for anything that sounded like logical reason. Some are scared, Some have respect and others are unaware or with no care. My county doesn't have any confirmed cases but I still have respect for it and try to keep 6 feet distance from people when visiting out of respect to them.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The game and fish should have no say in putting in place some stupid ass covid 19 prevention crap. If so then they are just as much to blame

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75