2020 governors cup

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wtf is going on here?! A fishing tournament was cancelled I heard. Sucks. But, worth the bullshit being thrown at each other on this thread? Think not.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I respect the people that had to make the decision and for whatever reason they decided to make it. I like competition in any sport , It makes the sport advance to a new level from what it was the year before and we can all learn from that. Go fishing on tournament weekend and post pictures on here for claims who would have won and I'll cheer you on 44 years was a good run , Count your blessings.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fishing tournament is a microcosm if what is happening in America. We are a country of choices but we are now becoming scared to let people make them. If this is the route we are choosing anything with a death rate higher should be banned or people should not be let out of their house. They curve is flat.

Coalburner

Honored Member
Just the opposite. I had my annual job performance review just a month ago and I scored extremely high in my communication skills and ability to get along with my coworkers and our customers. Of course most of them aren't a bunch of tough guys constantly engage in dick measuring contests like most on here. Sorry to disappoint you about me. I almost have a perfect life. I'm 3 lbs overweight.
Yeah sure dummy - I suppose you have a great job because you have that excellent Harvard education and are able to reduce your stress by going home and banging your instagram model girlfriend. I also forgot to ask you how are you able to bench 400 so easily - camper you are the man! Your almost as cool as that other poster on here......watson. That is if you guys aren’t the same person.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m guessing those running the governors cup are pressuring those running other tournaments to cancel too to take some heat of themselves

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fishing tournament is a microcosm if what is happening in America. We are a country of choices but we are now becoming scared to let people make them. If this is the route we are choosing anything with a death rate higher should be banned or people should not be let out of their house. They curve is flat.

Well volunteer to host the god damn tournament in your town then and move the cock sucker to South Dakota if it bothers you so much. This is getting as old as city boys bashing farmers and land owners over hunting rights of land they don't own. Hand it to us on a silver platter.

You want to talk about a country of choices ? Lets go there.. Garrison has two nursing homes according to a quick google search, If they are out of their comfort zone to host a tournament it's their choice and their decision not yours or mine or anyone eases if they want to host a tournament in their town. I'm not just picking on you, I looked at face book to see why it was cancelled and saw the whiners carrying on there way worse than here , what a disgrace to mankind. They should end all tournaments until fishermen can come to grips and show some sportsmanship

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well volunteer to host the god damn tournament in your town then and move the cock sucker to South Dakota if it bothers you so much. This is getting as old as city boys bashing farmers and land owners over hunting rights of land they don't own. Hand it to us on a silver platter.

You want to talk about a country of choices ? Lets go there.. Garrison has two nursing homes according to a quick google search, If they are out of their comfort zone to host a tournament it's their choice and their decision not yours or mine or anyone eases if they want to host a tournament in their town. I'm not just picking on you, I looked at face book to see why it was cancelled and saw the whiners carrying on there way worse than here , what a disgrace to mankind. They should end all tournaments until fishermen can come to grips and show some sportsmanship

Since there is a nursing home they better not let any one camp use any stores or have any interaction at all with any one not from garrison. No one from garrison can leave for no reason for fear of contamination. I could give two fucks about the fishing tourney its the fact that how long are we going to put every thing on hold. We keep hearing flatten the curve how long till that mother fucker is flat enough?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well we only have control over our actions. I won't tell anyone what they should do and I won't let anyone tell me what to do it's each man for their own. It's a country of choices. Nothing has changed in my little world so I don't feel the emotions some people are feeling.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've wondered if all the cancellations come down to liability concerns. With this sue happy world and lack of individual responsibility, nobody (or insurance company) wants to risk being held liable for someone getting sick and/or dying.

When we shirk personal responsibility, we lose choices.

I think this is the biggest reason things are being cancelled. I also think this is what Bauer was trying to say. I would really like to see the G&F regulations as well. It is easy to say the hell with them and carry on, but if the regulations are not followed, this really opens you up to liability. I also see his point as to what would happen if a bunch of people in Garrison got sick after the tournament. The committee members would be chastised for that too. It is so easy to bash and critique a committee of VOLUNTEERS, but remember they want to host this tournament as much or more than we want to fish it. These events take an extreme amount of preparation, so give them a break. I wonder how many of the guys that were bashing the committee actually volunteer for events like this or other wildlife events. As said earlier, it is thankless and every tournament could definitely use more help.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Karen #2

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
pretty sure the proper use of cocksucker precludes a person from joining the Karen club....

However, suggesting we move all of the "cocksuckers" to South Dakota gets you back on the Karen list. They are so few and far between these days.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wtf is going on here?! A fishing tournament was cancelled I heard. Sucks. But, worth the bullshit being thrown at each other on this thread? Think not.

hey - don't make me open up a can of 175 lb 50-some year old out-of-shape cityslicker on your a$$ too

- - - Updated - - -

fight-2-125x125.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry boys , And especially you Kurt. I should either stay off facebook or leave my emotions at the door. I seldom ever go on FB and very rarely comment on discussions there, Especially if there is a slug fest like what I saw between some of the tournament fishermen and the tournament crew even though I felt like sticking up for the tournament people that worked their butts off only to get repeatedly thrown under the bus over and over. That's how volunteers hit the burn out point.

I feel bad for them having to make the decision and announcement to cancel , I'm sure it was an awful feeling for them once they reached the decision to cancel no matter what the reason was .

I let my emotions rip on this site, I'm over it but these people go the extra miles year after year to make this tournament happen , 44 years of a good job and this year they got reamed out pretty good over a decision that was most likely out of their hands. I just hope they continue going the extra mile in the future.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76