Barnes county poaching.

mills423

Anybody on here ever kept a foul hooked (poached) fish? Just asking for a friend!

I know that big game poaching (deliberate) and fish (foul hooked accidental) poaching isn't the same thing ... but it is still a violation.

By no means am I excusing this behavior. Just the old saying ... those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Maybe I should have gone to bed before reading the above post and answered it tomorrow. Might have been a different response.

How does a foul hooked fish compare to these two guys - we are all now dumber for having to read your comment.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found all on Facebook. Most have young kids, one is a waterfowl guide, sad they can't make better decisions. I am interested to hear more of the details and find out what they get for punishment. This article does not really give any details outside of the charges.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guessing these a-holes get a slap on the wrists like they have most of their lives. I'm surprised they are only being charged with poaching deer. Sure their daddy's will bail them out again.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't imagine booze was involved.

- - - Updated - - -

ashline.jpg

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody on here ever kept a foul hooked (poached) fish? Just asking for a friend!

I know that big game poaching (deliberate) and fish (foul hooked accidental) poaching isn't the same thing ... but it is still a violation.

By no means am I excusing this behavior. Just the old saying ... those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Maybe I should have gone to bed before reading the above post and answered it tomorrow. Might have been a different response.

That's about as valid as comparing a speeding ticket to aggravated assault...both are violations right?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can fine the living shit out of them, and we'll still end up paying for it. They'll claim hardship or some other stupid fricken thing. Judge won't do jack anyhow. Just dickheads from the word go...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to the article charges are still pending. Even when charged I don't think they are entered into the system until they have been convicted.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
generally, charged cases usually show up as soon as the complaint is filed with the court and/or a warrant is issued.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was just going by memory when a neighbor got in trouble and I was watching for it at the ND site and it took a long time to show up.

- - - Updated - - -

But now that I think about it I went to the county court schedule and saw charges and court date.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
You paint with a pretty broad brush don’t you?

You definitely should take me seriously. It's science I tells ya. I'm definitely not saying it because there's a lot of goatees on this site.

spock_evil_twin_morror_universe_nimoy.jpg

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You definitely should take me seriously. It's science I tells ya. I'm definitely not saying it because there's a lot of goatees on this site.

1667960422159.png

damn man that made spew whiskey out of my nose.

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
If only we had passed the "all land is posted" bill last year this would have never happened. ::: Sure those tools pushing for it will use this and twist this into that.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71