Barnes county poaching.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Glad they got nailed, hope it is to the wall. It wasn't too many years ago Barnes County had another big poaching case on deer. Crooks never learn.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
oilfield trash???

In Valley City? We have plenty of oilpatch workers in Bismarck, but don't know if there are many out in the VC area.

By the way, anyone know what "violating protection of big game animals" actually means in English?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I was wondering what that was too. Ya...Plain ole white trash.

Bob Erfish

Honored Member
Do you ever wonder how many poachers get caught vs the ones we never here about? Sadly, the punishment for this type of behavior never seems harsh enough.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hopefully the will never be able to obtain a hunting license again (not that it matters to them). But most likely they will pay there debt and get drawn for one of the big 3 tags

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you ever wonder how many poachers get caught vs the ones we never here about? Sadly, the punishment for this type of behavior never seems harsh enough.
It’s hard to think about but your correct . I’ll be the that maybe 1 in 10 gets caught . Maybe , maybe more Like 1 in 20 .

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
thought occured to me when reading the standard response of many "they don't follow rules anyway so taking away priviliges is moot"... if they are never allowed again, puts poaching as thier only recourse... discuss

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

Anybody on here ever kept a foul hooked (poached) fish? Just asking for a friend!

I know that big game poaching (deliberate) and fish (foul hooked accidental) poaching isn't the same thing ... but it is still a violation.

By no means am I excusing this behavior. Just the old saying ... those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Maybe I should have gone to bed before reading the above post and answered it tomorrow. Might have been a different response.

Last edited:

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Poaching a bunch of deer and leaving them lay is exactly like keeping a foul hooked fish and eating it. Lmao. Wtf.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
thought occured to me when reading the standard response of many "they don't follow rules anyway so taking away priviliges is moot"... if they are never allowed again, puts poaching as thier only recourse... discuss

money fine them so they have to barley scrape by won’t have enough time or money to poach again

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody on here ever kept a foul hooked (poached) fish? Just asking for a friend!

I have probably harvested a foul hooked fish in my lifetime. I was also unaware of the statute covering this until the Hogzilla case in the local media. However, let's look at the main factor you've forgotten about here... intent!

Did these guys go out with the INTENT to do something illegal? Did I harvest that fish fifteen years ago with the INTENT to do something illegal?

​BOOM!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
money fine them so they have to barley scrape by won’t have enough time or money to poach again

yup and with a bigger fine if they ever get caught with a firearm in possession ever again in their lifetime. Make examples out of these idiots.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

Agreed. You can't take away their privileges, and expect that to cause them to re-think their ways. When someone parks in a no parking zone, do you just tell them not to park there again? Of course not. Well, I guess you do, but you also fine them.

This is no different. Fine the crap out of them. Repeat as often as necessary.

I'm not a hunter, so I can't speak to the thought of poaching a deer and letting it lay, as being the same as keeping and eating a foul-hooked fish. Maybe it is the same. Doesn't seem like it. I guess though, a violation is a violation.

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best way to stop the top two or three of them is to charge them with felonies- take away their right to own a gun for life, but I'm not sure if ND law even has a felony poaching conviction.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76