User Tag List

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • WTF!?
  • zzz
  • Results 1 to 18 of 18
    1. Back To Top    #1
      Bronze Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Posts
      32
      NDA Points
      6,478
      NDA Level
      34
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 65
      Given: 1

      AIM Revised Schedule for 2020

      Are Ya Ready For Some Walleye, Nodak?
      AIM Warrior Boats Qualifiers Set To Launch June 14

      Presented by Yamaha Motor Corp USA and Warrior Boats LLC.

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 20, 2020
      Contact: Denny Fox, 920-505-0122
      Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™)

      North Dakota’s AIM Weekend Walleye Series Warrior Boats opener, and three more qualifier tourneys featuring that Guaranteed $9,000 first-place pot for a 100-boat field are all good to go for this summer starting June 14, and long-time AIM teams may have lots of company this season.

      “Hey NoDak, you’d better be jumping on this news quickly, because it may be that we’ll be seeing 100-boat qualifiers all this season for our tournaments,” said Denny Fox, AIM national tournament director.

      “We worked closely with NoDak Fish and Game to come up with this tasty schedule. And seeing as so many NoDak tournaments have canceled, including some large ones, if you’re on the fence about jumping in your boat with AIM and our Catch-Record-Release™ format, now’s the time to commit, because we’re guessing you’ll have a lot of company,” Fox added.

      Fox reminds all NoDak anglers that the pot is doubly sweet this season, with visits to the lake that’s most on fire with fish the past few seasons, Lake Sakakawea. And, for each filled tournament of 100 boats, that sweetened pot of $25,500 will await, with a top check of $9,000 for each, and points toward the coveted state championship and Yamaha Motor Corp USA Team Of The Year.

      Here’s the schedule: June 14, Lake Sakakawea at Garrison at Fort Stevenson State Park.

      We’ll then trailer west June 28 to Lake Sak at New Town out of the Shakey Bobber/New Town Marina.

      On July 12, AIM moves east to Devils Lake, headquartered at Woodland Resort on Creel Bay.

      On July 26, AIM returns to Lake Sak and the upper Missouri River, but at a new location, Parshall Bay Recreation Area on one of the lake’s hottest walleye destinations, Van Hook Arm.

      The State Championship remains Aug. 14-15 out of central Lake Sak, on Beulah Bay, at Beulah, ND, with that big lure of $12,000 first-place cash available for an 80-boat field.

      Each of the qualifying events will be conducted with safety in mind for all, Fox added. “We’ll have all the low-down on rules for you during each of our virtual team meetings, so we all will know what’s expected to hold a great, and safe, event.”

      As we are doing, please follow government guidelines regarding large gatherings, stay safe, and stay tuned to both our website and our Facebook page.

      Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is a unique tournament organization created and owned by many of the most accomplished and recognizable professional walleye anglers, along with others who share the mission of advancing competitive walleye fishing and making it sustainable into the future. AIM is committed to marketing excellence on behalf of its tournament competitors, the tournament host communities, and the brands that partner with it.

      AIM is also committed to maintaining healthy fisheries across the nation by the development of the exclusive AIM Catch-Record-Release™ format which is integral to its dynamic events and unparalleled consumer engagement. For more information about AIM™, AIM Pro Walleye Series™, AIM Weekend Walleye Series, AIM sponsors and AIM anglers, visit www.aimfishing.com.

      AIM Presenting Sponsors: Yamaha Motor Corporation U.S.A. and Warrior Boats, LLC.

      AIM Supporting Sponsors: Mercury Marine, Nitro Boats, Garmin, Berkley, Abu-Garcia, Fenwick, Navionics, Power Pole, Worldwide Marine Insurance, AirWave Pedestals, Off Shore Tackle, Pro Chattrr, Quality Flow Systems, Gemini Sport Marketing, Moonshine Lures Shiver Minnow, JT Outdoors Products, Fox River Lures and Rods, McQuoids Inn

      1 Not allowed!

    2. Back To Top    #2
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      SDMF's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      4,079
      NDA Points
      54,050
      NDA Level
      100
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 5,452
      Given: 260
      Classifieds
      1
      Summbitch!! No tournaments was going to be the only good thing to come out of CV-19.

      4 tournaments on 1 lake in 1 summer? Really? Good Lord you're like a poopy-flavored lollipop.

      0 Not allowed!
      Last edited by SDMF; 05-21-2020 at 10:51 AM.
      This has been like listening to Nancy Pelosi argue with Ozzy Osborne.

    3. Back To Top    #3
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      eyexer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      williston
      Posts
      4,899
      NDA Points
      38,891
      NDA Level
      86
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,850
      Given: 2,974
      Funny how these guys could navigate the obstacles lol

      2 Not allowed!

    4. Back To Top    #4
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      guywhofishes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Little Minneapolis, ND
      Posts
      11,218
      NDA Points
      344,564
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      2
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 16,529
      Given: 14,964
      right?

      Hey Karen (aka camper) - any input here?

      0 Not allowed!
      If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
      ~Doug Larson

    5. Back To Top    #5
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Life is good
       
      Mood:
      zzz
       
      Davey Crockett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Boondocks
      Posts
      5,105
      NDA Points
      61,013
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,917
      Given: 4,003
      Quote Originally Posted by eyexer View Post
      Funny how these guys could navigate the obstacles lol

      Who knows, Maybe they have the buggy in front of the horse, That's been known to happen. After I read several pages of pure disrespect from tournament anglers aimed at the tournament directors on the "other site" I'm starting to lean in the direction of SDMF about fishing tournaments. Sometimes we are our worst enemy.

      0 Not allowed!
      When you come to a fork in the road , Take it.

    6. Back To Top    #6
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Fisherman25's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Sawyer,
      Posts
      628
      NDA Points
      8,141
      NDA Level
      38
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 345
      Given: 338
      Classifieds
      1
      The way the AIM tournaments are structured via Catch, Record and release, no live weigh in is held. I’m not sure what the plan for the rules meeting is, but likely will be via webcast. Trophy presentation will likely be spaced and maybe only the top 10 teams or something along those lines. Less volunteers etc, so less moving parts versus a local style tourney.

      The new schedule has been fully approved with the new guidelines in place. It’s all a go to my knowledge.

      0 Not allowed!

    7. Back To Top    #7
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      eyexer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      williston
      Posts
      4,899
      NDA Points
      38,891
      NDA Level
      86
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,850
      Given: 2,974
      Quote Originally Posted by Davey Crockett View Post
      Who knows, Maybe they have the buggy in front of the horse, That's been known to happen. After I read several pages of pure disrespect from tournament anglers aimed at the tournament directors on the "other site" I'm starting to lean in the direction of SDMF about fishing tournaments. Sometimes we are our worst enemy.
      i don’t fish tournaments anymore but am certainly not opposed to them

      0 Not allowed!

    8. Back To Top    #8
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Life is good
       
      Mood:
      zzz
       
      Davey Crockett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Boondocks
      Posts
      5,105
      NDA Points
      61,013
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,917
      Given: 4,003
      Quote Originally Posted by eyexer View Post
      i don’t fish tournaments anymore but am certainly not opposed to them

      Same here , Not apposed to tournaments , I did see a huge lack of respect towards the Gov Cup tournament directors though. You should never bite the hand that feeds you.

      1 Not allowed!
      When you come to a fork in the road , Take it.

    9. Back To Top    #9
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      SDMF's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      4,079
      NDA Points
      54,050
      NDA Level
      100
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 5,452
      Given: 260
      Classifieds
      1
      Currently permitted on G&F site lists 39 tournaments for Sak for summer 2020. Many have of course been cancelled but 39????

      How about no more than 1 permitted tournament/body of water/weekend?

      1 Not allowed!
      Last edited by SDMF; 05-21-2020 at 02:17 PM.
      This has been like listening to Nancy Pelosi argue with Ozzy Osborne.

    10. Back To Top    #10
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Life is good
       
      Mood:
      zzz
       
      Davey Crockett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Boondocks
      Posts
      5,105
      NDA Points
      61,013
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,917
      Given: 4,003
      I agree 39 is a bit over the top .

      1 Not allowed!
      When you come to a fork in the road , Take it.

    11. Back To Top    #11
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Posts
      1,337
      NDA Points
      11,660
      NDA Level
      46
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 935
      Given: 0
      Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
      Are Ya Ready For Some Walleye, Nodak?
      AIM Warrior Boats Qualifiers Set To Launch June 14

      Presented by Yamaha Motor Corp USA and Warrior Boats LLC.

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 20, 2020
      Contact: Denny Fox, 920-505-0122
      Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™)

      North Dakota’s AIM Weekend Walleye Series Warrior Boats opener, and three more qualifier tourneys featuring that Guaranteed $9,000 first-place pot for a 100-boat field are all good to go for this summer starting June 14, and long-time AIM teams may have lots of company this season.

      “Hey NoDak, you’d better be jumping on this news quickly, because it may be that we’ll be seeing 100-boat qualifiers all this season for our tournaments,” said Denny Fox, AIM national tournament director.

      “We worked closely with NoDak Fish and Game to come up with this tasty schedule. And seeing as so many NoDak tournaments have canceled, including some large ones, if you’re on the fence about jumping in your boat with AIM and our Catch-Record-Release™ format, now’s the time to commit, because we’re guessing you’ll have a lot of company,” Fox added.

      Fox reminds all NoDak anglers that the pot is doubly sweet this season, with visits to the lake that’s most on fire with fish the past few seasons, Lake Sakakawea. And, for each filled tournament of 100 boats, that sweetened pot of $25,500 will await, with a top check of $9,000 for each, and points toward the coveted state championship and Yamaha Motor Corp USA Team Of The Year.

      Here’s the schedule: June 14, Lake Sakakawea at Garrison at Fort Stevenson State Park.

      We’ll then trailer west June 28 to Lake Sak at New Town out of the Shakey Bobber/New Town Marina.

      On July 12, AIM moves east to Devils Lake, headquartered at Woodland Resort on Creel Bay.

      On July 26, AIM returns to Lake Sak and the upper Missouri River, but at a new location, Parshall Bay Recreation Area on one of the lake’s hottest walleye destinations, Van Hook Arm.

      The State Championship remains Aug. 14-15 out of central Lake Sak, on Beulah Bay, at Beulah, ND, with that big lure of $12,000 first-place cash available for an 80-boat field.

      Each of the qualifying events will be conducted with safety in mind for all, Fox added. “We’ll have all the low-down on rules for you during each of our virtual team meetings, so we all will know what’s expected to hold a great, and safe, event.”

      As we are doing, please follow government guidelines regarding large gatherings, stay safe, and stay tuned to both our website and our Facebook page.

      Anglers Insight Marketing LLC (AIM™) is a unique tournament organization created and owned by many of the most accomplished and recognizable professional walleye anglers, along with others who share the mission of advancing competitive walleye fishing and making it sustainable into the future. AIM is committed to marketing excellence on behalf of its tournament competitors, the tournament host communities, and the brands that partner with it.

      AIM is also committed to maintaining healthy fisheries across the nation by the development of the exclusive AIM Catch-Record-Release™ format which is integral to its dynamic events and unparalleled consumer engagement. For more information about AIM™, AIM Pro Walleye Series™, AIM Weekend Walleye Series, AIM sponsors and AIM anglers, visit www.aimfishing.com.

      AIM Presenting Sponsors: Yamaha Motor Corporation U.S.A. and Warrior Boats, LLC.

      AIM Supporting Sponsors: Mercury Marine, Nitro Boats, Garmin, Berkley, Abu-Garcia, Fenwick, Navionics, Power Pole, Worldwide Marine Insurance, AirWave Pedestals, Off Shore Tackle, Pro Chattrr, Quality Flow Systems, Gemini Sport Marketing, Moonshine Lures Shiver Minnow, JT Outdoors Products, Fox River Lures and Rods, McQuoids Inn
      Are tournament anglers allowed to release fish that were caught deeper than 30’? Fish caught that deep are going to die from barotrauma anyways so the angler would essentially be throwing away the fish that would normally go against their limit. The NDGF has issued guidance on the matter and I’m wondering what the series stance is?

      0 Not allowed!

    12. Back To Top    #12
      Silver Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Posts
      88
      NDA Points
      1,271
      NDA Level
      14
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 161
      Given: 24
      How many lakes or rivers in North Dakota are large enough to hold a decent walleye tournament? Sak, Devils, Missouri River, maybe Audubon and Darling? I’m probably missing some but there just aren’t many lakes worth holding a 30-100 boat tournament on. Truth is, I’m not a fan of tournaments, but live and let live.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by Migrator Man View Post
      Are tournament anglers allowed to release fish that were caught deeper than 30’? Fish caught that deep are going to die from barotrauma anyways so the angler would essentially be throwing away the fish that would normally go against their limit. The NDGF has issued guidance on the matter and I’m wondering what the series stance is?
      Since this series does practice C.P.R, it would be nice if they made the rules fishing 30’ of water or less. I don’t think this would be a huge hinderance. Other than the people that would bitch that they fish 25’ down over open water, but they’ll get over it.

      0 Not allowed!

    13. Back To Top    #13
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      eyexer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      williston
      Posts
      4,899
      NDA Points
      38,891
      NDA Level
      86
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,850
      Given: 2,974
      Just fizz em

      1 Not allowed!

    14. Back To Top    #14
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Posts
      1,337
      NDA Points
      11,660
      NDA Level
      46
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 935
      Given: 0
      Quote Originally Posted by eyexer View Post
      Just fizz em
      that gets them to sink but the damage is already done. They are pretty much going to die from the trauma even if they swim away. Swim bladder in the mouth is a bad sign but also when the bottom of the head gets red from blood vessels popping you know that fish is probably not going to make it. It’s a big thing to consider when throwing back fish from these deep depths. I honestly like the CPR format of AIM except when the bite is deeper than 30’.

      0 Not allowed!

    15. Back To Top    #15
      Ultimate VIP Member
      hunting
       
      Mood:
      Piratey
       
      Kurtr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Mobridge,Sd
      Posts
      7,195
      NDA Points
      150,469
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      10
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 8,267
      Given: 2,765
      What about joe blow and his buddies hammering Bush life’s and pulling bottom bouncers in thirty five and firing all kinds of gut hooked fish back in . See it every day here with the tourists not so much with tournament guys. Fun fishers are out to fill the freezer every time ( I know I am)so if we are using management as a reason to limit tourneys we better only allow people on a body of water so many days a year. Seems Oahe and Sak are doing just fine but more rules is always better. Good for Aim for not wilting under the bullshit monacorona pressure

      1 Not allowed!
      All the Gods,All the heavens,All the Hells are with in you.

    16. Back To Top    #16
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Skeeter's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Beulah nd
      Posts
      741
      NDA Points
      80,367
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,937
      Given: 1,029
      Quote Originally Posted by eyexer View Post
      Just fizz em
      Fizzing them is someone’s bullshit process to make themselves feel good about releasing deep caught fish and watching them swim away. They will die out of sight of said person so they think they did a good thing and pat themselves on the back all the way to the bud light cooler, it’s common knowledge that people who “fizz” drink bud light too.

      1 Not allowed!

    17. Back To Top    #17
      Ultimate VIP Member
      hunting
       
      Mood:
      Piratey
       
      Kurtr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Mobridge,Sd
      Posts
      7,195
      NDA Points
      150,469
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      10
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 8,267
      Given: 2,765
      i am calling for the abolishment of catch and release fishing. Way to many fish die and are mentally harmed

      0 Not allowed!
      All the Gods,All the heavens,All the Hells are with in you.

    18. Back To Top    #18
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      eyexer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      williston
      Posts
      4,899
      NDA Points
      38,891
      NDA Level
      86
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,850
      Given: 2,974
      Relax guys I was just stirring the pot with the fizzing comment lol. It used to be a hugely controversial topic but seems to have disappeared the past few years. The real key to fishing deep fish is to bring them in extremely slow. I have release tons of deep fish due to taking a nice long time to bring em in. You can tell the ones that are going to make it and the ones that won’t. But this is another topic in itself

      1 Not allowed!

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About Nodak Angler

      NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

    Business & Contact

    Follow us on

    Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube