Channel A

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The highway project is a reason for closing shore fishing. But unless those trucks are paving the lake too where is the justifiable reason to close a lake area down? That was a G&F Director decision.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last Saturday, at noon there were a bunch of Minnesota plate vehicles park with a bunch of monks fishing. By 8:30 that evening when we went back home that group had grown to at least 100 Minnesota cars park on the shoulder of the highway on both sides of the channel. A few hundred monks fishing all around with about 50 on the bridge.
It was an accident waiting to happen. Would of close it down myself. db

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Monks fishing". What kind? Tibetan? Ramakrishna? Carthusian?

N01555_10.jpg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
ok hmong: no/yes
like spelling my motor cummings
it works db-2

Last edited:

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught a monk once when he got too close to my crankbait. Or, maybe my crankbait got too close to him? Either way he put up a good fight

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Important Notice: Portion of Channel A Closed to Fishing
The lowest three-quarters of a mile of Channel A as it enters Devils Lake is closed to fishing effective immediately due to safety concerns as U.S. Highway 2 is under construction west of Devils Lake.
This area is closed to both shore and boat fishing, and includes where Channel A crosses Highway 2 and the train bridges. “Closed to Fishing” signs will be posted in this area.
North Dakota Game and Fish Department director Terry Steinwand said the closure is not COVID-19 related. “There are legitimate concerns from local officials about public safety, including vehicles parked illegally along the highway, as well as with people crossing the road and traversing the bridge,” Steinwand said.
The North Dakota Department of Transportation highway project consists of closing the westbound lanes of US 2 and moving traffic to be head-to-head on eastbound lanes as construction work is being done to widen the highway from Devils Lake to Church’s Ferry.
“Safety is our number one priority,” says NDDOT Devils Lake district engineer Wyatt Hanson. “We want motorists, pedestrians and construction workers to be safe in the construction area as we work to get the project completed this summer.”
This stretch of the channel will be closed to fishing indefinitely.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
At age 73 i thought a cummin was a cummings and a monk was a monk.

Live with this all my life. 6 or 7th grade teacher decided to let the classroom know of my lack of apparent intelligents (small school with three teachers in whole school). So one day i had this huge paper spit ball in my mouth. As she was at the chalk board, back to me, i let it fly. Missed her head by about 12" and splat, it stuck and splt ran down the chalkboard. Call me stupid would you.

Then a bigger school with classes bigger than our whole school. My grades did not improve and it was the way it was. My attention was experiencing with liquor, cars (first car at age 12, a 52 Buick Super that i paid $50 and sold for $25) and maybe some finer things in life (girls just where taught to say no in those days). It was not book learning as i could see no memories in that.

Then in college one teacher in front of the class said i was not college material.

I was in your class because in mid 1960 every parent sent their male child to school for one main reason and that was the draft and SE Asia.
I went with a goal of maybe being able to touch a boobie and the lady would let me and enjoy it as much as i did. The town as big as Fargo with all those working ladies, had to be.

Well the touch was going slow and before i achieve what i wanted i found myself with a diploma and an invitation from uncle sam to work for him.

My parents goal was not achieve nor was my goal but i did make it through all of that. So teacher i sure as hell was not in your class for book learning.
As i look back i feel sorry for all the ladies that did not experience what i wanted from them and a few more cars i wish i would of had and maybe there was a lady or two. But i found one back in those days and she is still around.
The book learning I think I never missed that. db

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
At age 73 i thought a cummin was a cummings and a monk was a monk.

Live with this all my life. 6 or 7th grade teacher decided to let the classroom know of my lack of apparent intelligents (small school with three teachers in whole school). So one day i had this huge paper spit ball in my mouth. As she was at the chalk board, back to me, i let it fly. Missed her head by about 12" and splat, it stuck and splt ran down the chalkboard. Call me stupid would you.

Then a bigger school with classes bigger than our whole school. My grades did not improve and it was the way it was. My attention was experiencing with liquor, cars (first car at age 12, a 52 Buick Super that i paid $50 and sold for $25) and maybe some finer things in life (girls just where taught to say no in those days). It was not book learning as i could see no memories in that.

Then in college one teacher in front of the class said i was not college material.

I was in your class because in mid 1960 every parent sent their male child to school for one main reason and that was the draft and SE Asia.
I went with a goal of maybe being able to touch a boobie and the lady would let me and enjoy it as much as i did. The town as big as Fargo with all those working ladies, had to be.

Well the touch was going slow and before i achieve what i wanted i found myself with a diploma and an invitation from uncle sam to work for him.

My parents goal was not achieve nor was my goal but i did make it through all of that. So teacher i sure as hell was not in your class for book learning.
As i look back i feel sorry for all the ladies that did not experience what i wanted from them and a few more cars i wish i would of had and maybe there was a lady or two. But i found one back in those days and she is still around.
The book learning I think I never missed that. db

No one cares. Let it go.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I care to hear db’s memories.

- - - Updated - - -

of all the tiresome, repetitive, and garbage things posted on this site, db’s bother you enough to discourage his posts? I don’t get it.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
No no no. I meant let go feeling bad about misspelling a word or two. I like his stories. I meant don’t worry when someone cracks a joke about Cummings or monks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74