Channel A

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20200523-212917.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20200523_145519.jpg. Let me point it out for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Ndgf covid response. Look how far away from road being worked on

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why are you saying covid response? That's not been brought up as a reason for closing the area, at all.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why are you saying covid response? That's not been brought up as a reason for closing the area, at all.

yes it has been brought up --- they say its due to construction and parking by the bridge -- however pertains to boats why--look how far away the signs are from the bridge. If someone can get to that underwater road where i took the pick without parking on the highway -(kenners ) let them.

Its a its not fair thing, covid response and political as all hell - i didnt see a one piece of construction equipment and even with that said post by the highway then. Best one is that if you not fishing and some couple did this they went for joy ride - you can drive up to the bridge under the bridge all day if you want to. Far as that goes you could walk all over hell as long as your not fishing. Terry Steinny couldnt do a damn thing about it if you dont have a rod in your boat. What a farce. Oh well you can see the professional fisheranimals (pellys) were taking care of business. I just had to go up and catch my share of northerns and after yesterday i got that out of my system. The place is overrated anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Over the next several weeks, Game and Fish will keep an eye on popular shore-fishing areas to assess the level of activity. “We depend on the public’s awareness and willingness to cooperate,” Steinwand said, “but we’ll be monitoring, and if it appears that the recommendations are not being followed, we might have to consider closing access to those high traffic areas because of the risk involved.”

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can understand the concern for safety with the vehicles park on the shoulder and all the people walking on the road and on the bridge.

But the concern was and is not with the boats in the water nor fishing from the shore imho. Not sure if the monks have boats and it appears there is not enought water under the bridge for a boat. Not supporting all those LSS import to come up here and maybe they or whoever felt if they let them on the water in time they would again be on the road and bridge again. But yesterday only Pelicans were to be found on channel A. Was told they all moved to the HWY going west of Devils Lake.

But captian thanks for the thought that maybe with age i have begun to live in the past. Have no concern with my English or what one may think.
Yes it was fine and maybe one more trip down broadway in Fargo would of been okay, one more keg beer on the river, one more race on airport road, never did run a big block Chevelle with my 426 Plymouth, one more casual relationship with the lady for the enjoyment of both of us whatever that was but i think i had my fair share. Naw.

Now it is today and tomorrow will come. We are both now retire. We need to focus on creating new memories at our age. The oil has been change in the scooter, the wife is ready and willling, many bars serve Old Mill in North Dakota, Montana, ect and not that cheap light stuff, and there are many memories waiting to be made. So thanks all for the kind words, the thumbs up and reminding me there is a tomorrow and not to live in the past. db-2

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that virus had an influence on the two of us with our age and all.
But screw that. If we get it it will only be another memory for the book, db

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't understand the fuss about not fishing in Channel A. It's not like there aren't fish any place else. I understand it's a handy and convenient place to fish but come on, I'm pretty sure you can find another spot and catch fish. DL is a big lake. It probably would have been better to list the area as "No fishing or boating."

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read somewhere in another public notice that gave erosion as the reason to close it to boat traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand the fuss about not fishing in Channel A. It's not like there aren't fish any place else. I understand it's a handy and convenient place to fish but come on, I'm pretty sure you can find another spot and catch fish. DL is a big lake. It probably woarea as "No fishing or boating."
uld have been better to list the

Yea no kidding , Unless there are other signs posted the no fishing does nothing to deter sightseers from causing erosion.

- - - Updated - - -

scratchin my hed and wonderin how red got out of the box.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Educator:
Yes it is a big lake. My fishing rod is older than me. Last time it was out of its case was probably 60 some years ago. But did catch a lot of bullheads out of the Sheyenne river with it as a kid. Brought them home to put in water hole in the pasture and would fish the water hole then.

Brother-in-law is big into fishing. Has a spot by Devils Lake for his camper. Ask me one time to go with him.
So he is trolling with his lines out. Along comes a boat at a good clip right at us. Then finally turns and parks about 50 feet in front of us. Puts his lines out and starts trolling. Brother-in-law said we were following a road that was there before the water came.
Look around and did not see another boat even close to us. Yes, i did tell my brother-in-law that this is the life. A big lake.

i do not fish and i am fine with that. I said this is like tennis shoe path when we were kids hunting gease and in a line with about 50 other shotguns shooting at the same goose. db-2

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
The social gatherings of Hmongs are impressive right now around DL, Anti Social Distancing

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Walleye:
If one of them gets the virus it will make it interesting for fishing in Devils Lake. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76