Looking for Work

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey guys, I have a former student who will be moving to Fargo sometime in August. His wife is going to be going to Physical Therapy school and he is looking for a farming/ranching job. If any of you know of someone looking for help I would appreciate it. You can PM me if you want. He is 23ish years old and has some experience with farming and ranching. Thanks in advance, and I hope you all have a great weekend!

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismanonline is a good site to look at for that sort of thing too.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fargo is big farm country but not much for ranching. American Crystal sugar is a farmer owned co-op with 5 processing factories, Farms are big and high tech. If he can't find a farmer to work for there are seasonal truck driving jobs to haul beets. They run 24 hours a day and if I remember right they typically move 130 million tons of sugar beets off the fields in a couple of months, The biggest single commodity harvest in the world. Funny that you happen to post this today, My boy was drilling me with trivia about the beet harvest last night.

- - - Updated - - -

The job search now might seem glum but closer to fall there will be a lot of jobs posted, If he has a CDL he is golden but some job offers say no CDL needed .

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
If the farm/ranch thing doesn't work out for him there are over 11,000 jobs available in the valley. he may look at farm/ranch related businesses too. Lots of manufacturing/supply/sales in the valley.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for the help so far...I just noticed that I posted this in Boat Fishing...did not mean to do that, and I am not sure how to move it, or if I am able to, so I apologize...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unlikely he'll have any difficulty at all finding farm work around Fargo. However, if he isn't employed by the last week of Sept. he can probably have his pick of farms to work on for beet harvest, or drive for TransSystems.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75