Memorial Day

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Please take a few minutes today and think about those that paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

I wish you all a peaceful and quiet day.

Absent companions...

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
God bless America. Thank you to all that have fallen. Your efforts should not be in vain.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A great family friend with the nickname crazy fingers.

Gordy is awesome! I enjoyed having him as an instructor back in the ol'college years (early 80's). Boy did we have fun when we did a college music tour up in Canada. I enjoy going back to my old stomping grounds from time to time. He surprised my mom a few months ago and stopped in to see her down in Mesa, AZ.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gordy is awesome! I enjoyed having him as an instructor back in the ol'college years (early 80's). Boy did we have fun when we did a college music tour up in Canada. I enjoy going back to my old stomping grounds from time to time. He surprised my mom a few months ago and stopped in to see her down in Mesa, AZ.

Lots of fun memories for anyone that knows him. My Dad had a rental on the farm and Gordy lived on the farm in the 70s . Talented and down to earth and he loves to laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

He surprises my mom too , She is in assisted living and he has stopped in a few times to visit her and brighten up her day. He knows how to enjoy life and spread smiles and laughs for sure. I have in laws that migrate to AZ , He is well known and well liked in those parts too.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been to 7 different cemeteries as of recent. The one that is very thought provoking is in Mountain, ND. A large cemetery and about 1/4 to a 1/3 of the graves are decorated with the American Flag. So many have served in that corner of ND.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is a beautiful site to see when they are all decorated but it also brings one back to reality about how many gave their all, so that we could be free!
God bless all Veterans!!!!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
been a special day besides honoring those who passed, for me and the wife it is 50 years today. db

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks to all those who where brave and strong enough to fight for my freedom to post this on a public web forum. Fuck those liberal and left leaning fence riders

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
They Paid The Price.....So.....We Could Have Freedom & Choice....On This Memorial Day....

A Different WW2 Burial at Sea

This is a VERY touching 2-minute video, actually a piece of film that has been Made into a video,
Notice in the opening shot you'll see the gunner's position is shot to hell while the pilot's cockpit ahead of it is undamaged.

Later on, notice the corpsman taking a fingerprint of the deceased gunner, before the film continues, then showing the chaplain saying the final prayers, followed by taps, then the sailors push the aircraft and our patriotic airman over the side and watch it sink into the distance sea.

This is what 18-year-old "kids" were doing in 1944.

"What actually made this country great is ordinary guys like this doing extraordinary things."

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
C0C0268B-D452-477E-9403-EC4F30AE3DDA.jpeg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A lot of flowers went on yesterday. Least we never forget. LB

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So has any body heard from 2400 in a while? I know his first name is Kevin . I hope he is still doing good miss the coffee he had on every morning:cool:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75