Alkaline or Audubon Shore Fishing?

BobFromFBNS

Hi everyone,

It's that time of the year where I've got the itch to fish! Last spring everyone here was very helpful guiding me to some spots to catch northern from shore on the big lake, so I thought I'd come back again and ask if anyone has any insight they're willing to share on access to shore fish for walleyes from within a decent drive of Bismarck. I'm not a river guy so hoping to partake in some lakes, and of course Alkaline and Audubon come to mind for good odds of catching some eyes. Any tips or tricks anyone would be willing to share, namely for access? My Google Earth looking suggests Alkaline might be limited without a boat, which is why I'm coming here.

Thanks!

Edit: To make sure it's clear I'm not asking for anyone's "spot", just an idea of where it's worth pointing the car at where I can get to fishable and fishworthy shoreline.

Last edited:

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alkaline would be a good choice. Audobon not so much for shore walleye.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Alkaline would be a good choice. Audobon not so much for shore walleye.

Audubon has some great shore fishing for walleyes. The late evening and even night fishing can be very good this time of year. Check out the NDGF contour map (or google earth) and find spots close to deep water as there can be alot of very shallow flats in spots that aren't very productive

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76