go to tent caterpillar spray?

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
that can be found locally at a local TSC, home of economy, or menards???? for apple trees, that are non producing trees....

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Already? Or are you just prepping?

I'd use DDT if I could find the stuff. I'll be damned if I don't hate those c-suckers!

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
Dan Cashman has a radio show 9-10 am on saturday mornings on am 550. Ive found it helpful to bounce a few things of him

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tika is pretty close if you can reach them on the branch. Small soldering propane torch. If you have a light touch you won't harm the bark of the branch. I did my apple trees this weekend.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried some sevin this morning, thoroughly sprayed
the shit out of the tents leaves. Some had died by this evening and some had not. We’ll see how this plays out...

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve heard of people using tempo, I haven’t used on caterpillars but use it around the house a few times a year for spiders and such. Seems to work pretty good.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
In reality, I use pyrethrin and permethrin. They seem to work.

The problem I have is reaching high up into chokecherry and other fruit trees with ordinary sprayers. What's out there to get 20 ft up with spray?

snowcat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have sprayed 52 tents so far this year, all but 2 were on a 1/4 mile row of choke cherries. I start early, they always lay eggs on a fork, they are small but easy to see before the leaves come out, only 2 on the june berries.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've only used tempo on them. It seems to work good. I can only get about half of them my ladder and pickup box only get me so high.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried some sevin this morning, thoroughly sprayed
the shit out of the tents leaves. Some had died by this evening and some had not. We’ll see how this plays out...

this stuff seemed to have worked

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

The problem I have is reaching high up into chokecherry and other fruit trees with ordinary sprayers. What's out there to get 20 ft up with spray?

I have an old 15 gallon 12 volt sprayer that started leaking and the motor went out so I upgraded with a bigger pump, longer hose and a better wand with adjustable nozzle that will get up 20' I also use it with a boom and It handles 6 spray nozzles .

The pumps vary in GPM and PSI, I can't read or remember what size it is. The new pump and the wand was around 80 bucks . It was set up from the factory in vertical position with the motor down so if the pump started to a it leaked down into the motor. These style pumps should be mounted horizontal so if it happens to leak it doesn't ruin the motor.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

A good backpack sprayer will go pretty high, not on fine spray mode, but with more of a stream you can get up there...

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 15 gallon 12 volt sprayer that I use on an ATV for spot-spraying Round-up. If it is rinsed well, would it be safe to use to apply Tempo, etc?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76