Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
"kinda like the pubes vs no pubes deal"

you sir, win the internet today

:;:cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I have so much lawn guilt right now I'm leaving work to go home and mow :(

I manicured my actual lawn yesterday. The neighbor lady loves working on her lawn. She actually hand digs every dandelion out of her spotless lawn. Mine had "just a few more". Stupid lawn guilt.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should the people that pile junk in their yards, never shovel their sidewalks and play loud music at 1 AM just tell their neighbors to mind their own business as well?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
many things to do this time of the year , It all happens at once. Give it a week and us slackers will catch up. I'm just glad I live in the boondocks.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is kinda like a pubes or no pubes kinda thing, tough to tell ppl what to do with their business.

Random thoughts: My guess is that many lawn owners are just the opposite on the war front you mentioned. They probably spend too much time worrying about one or the other. Neglect is bound to happen.

Last edited:

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I quit spraying my yellow flowers, doesn't do any good, and I also mow when I want to, not when somebody wants me to

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I quit spraying my yellow flowers, doesn't do any good

If you spray in the late fall you will kill them deader than a doornail . Anything other than that all you do is throw them into a coma that they will recover from and thrive once again.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My neighborhood is full of lawn caring people. I fuckinghate lazy good for nothing shitbags that let their yards and homes go to the dumps.
Shouldn’t buy a home if caring for it isout of reach.
The world needs ditch diggers too.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed, you don't know if the people are having some sort of issue. Worry about your own shit

I agree too IF that’s the case. Every situation is different and you owe it to your neighbors to know the situation before you draw conclusions, I totally agree. You may even find out you can be of service...maybe they are willing to pay you a few bucks to spray their weeds, mow their grass, etc.

I can tell you right now that is NOT the case in my case. I know the folks well and talk to them often. They have not ever gone out of their way to be neighborly to anyone...in fact they’ve gone out of their way to be pests (park your boat, car, camper, on the street In front of your own house and they start the clock, they will call the city on you before the rooster crows twice) however they are nice folks to my kids and my family. I have no personal grievances With them but I have known them long enough to know that they are too lazy and too cheap to get things under control. They are hoarders among other things too so they have piles of shit everywhere...garage full front to back, top to bottom of just shit, but mostly too cheap and stubborn. If someone said, "I will get your yard in order for you for free," they’d be all over it, but if the offer was to get the yard in order as long as they put gas in the mower they’d tell you to worry about your own f*cking yard quicker than Mr. 628977!

We’ve been sharing my fence for 12 years. I’ve been turning the other cheek and biting my tongue for that long as well. Now that their out of control berry patch has pushed through their out of control weed patch and has made it’s way to my property I have lost my patience. All of a sudden the foot tall creeping crab grass and constant barrage of white fluffy dandelion seeds I’ve dealt with for a decade are digging under my skin like never before. Call it the straw that broke the camel's back I guess.

“Worry about your own shit" is easy to say, but how about when your neighbors own shit spews over onto your ground and has now actually become your own shit (that you never wanted or asked for). What’s the sage advice in that circumstance? I suppose I could move so I don’t hurt anyone’s feelings in case they are having a hard day? I’m serious. Give me some pointers fellas. I’m obviously way outta line by being fed up with the shit according to comments from some of you guys.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Start his place on fire.
Or sneak over and spray his weeds, with gasoline.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just so everyone knows, I do care about my own lawn, its an average size lawn. Fertilize it 4 to 5 times a year. I mow it at least 3 times a week,(even when I work 80 hour weeks) never gets taller then 4". It takes me around a half hour to mow it. If I would let it get taller, like a foot, it would probably take me over an hour (quicker to mow more often). Spray the weeds when ever they start popping up, mostly spot spraying. 3oz of Trimec\Triplet per gallon of water curls them up in 2 to 3 days. And you know what I have more crawler in my yard then you can shack a stick at.
I guess if you don't want to spray the weeds, the least everyone could do, is mow them off before they go to seed.

My thought on the city ordinances is, if they are not fallowed, why waste our tax money to enact them? I believe the law is nothing over 8 inches tall. I have called the city on my neighbors across the street 3 times (in like 3 years) because of their lawn. Every time I have called the city, they have came and told them to get it mowed.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get it on the lawn thing. It is extremely frustrating to simply try to keep a decent yard and watch 4000 dandelions upwind of you go to seed. I don't keep a golf course lawn and don't love mowing. But I do think it looks nice and is a point of pride. It is not different that the someone having junk in their yard or never keeping their house up. If you had 14 Ford Rangers in various states of decay and the siding falling off beside you, I think many who are saying who cares would change their tune. On the other side, we can all move too.

I'm all for giving someone the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they were gone, maybe they're sick, maybe crazy at work. Make an effort and that is fine. But be lazy and I have no sympathy. I grew up on a street with many elderly folks with a few younger families mixed in. My dad and I did snow removal for the older folks the entire time I grew up. Not once did the lazy neighbors come out to help.....often it was days later that they even did their own driveway. That taught me a hard lesson. I do frown upon those that are capable but don't make an effort.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
ba ha ha

classic!
I was my towns city superintendent for 3 years and every summer there were lawn issues. 8" was the limit and then I was supposed to mow the lawn at owners expense of $75. I would always check with the owner first and most, not every, but most time there was a legit reason. Older resident with an ailment and no family, broken equipment and waiting on parts, job took them out of town etc..... And then there were the occasional lazy asses who just wouldn't do it. But I'm sure you know all of that since it's a classic quote

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It takes basically zero money to mow a yard. In every case I’ve lived near where someone didn’t take care of their yard it was just sheer laziness and lack of give a damn for other people’s property values.

So, by that logic, the new carb that is ordered and labor will be free? Or should I just walk off with a new mower since mowing costs zero dollars. Not to mention gas. That little push motor was in the shop last year too. Also, weed killer is not cheap.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just so everyone knows, I do care about my own lawn, its an average size lawn. Fertilize it 4 to 5 times a year. I mow it at least 3 times a week,(even when I work 80 hour weeks) never gets taller then 4". It takes me around a half hour to mow it. If I would let it get taller, like a foot, it would probably take me over an hour (quicker to mow more often). Spray the weeds when ever they start popping up, mostly spot spraying. 3oz of Trimec\Triplet per gallon of water curls them up in 2 to 3 days. And you know what I have more crawler in my yard then you can shack a stick at.
I guess if you don't want to spray the weeds, the least everyone could do, is mow them off before they go to seed.

My thought on the city ordinances is, if they are not fallowed, why waste our tax money to enact them? I believe the law is nothing over 8 inches tall. I have called the city on my neighbors across the street 3 times (in like 3 years) because of their lawn. Every time I have called the city, they have came and told them to get it mowed.

How much over an hour. By your math you spend 1.5 hours a week on your lawn. If you let it go it takes over an hour? Seems like you'd be saving time depending how much over an hour. I mow mine when it needs it but that's because it takes me 3 hours each time. Just sprayed this weekend that took me about 2 hours (thank God for 10' boom) and I might try to spray some nitrogen on it this year just to see what happens.

To each their own and everyone has a different situation.

- - - Updated - - -

So, by that logic, the new carb that is ordered and labor will be free? Or should I just walk off with a new mower since mowing costs zero dollars. Not to mention gas. That little push motor was in the shop last year too. Also, weed killer is not cheap.

Yep free...
https://www.statista.com/statistics...e-lawn-and-garden-supplies-spending-plans-us/

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I cut all my dandelion what would my puppy do out side he loves grab them and then chasing them when they are floating away. Building great prey drive

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67