Uncut grass and not spraying weeds

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read Dirty's post in the raspberry thread and decided to start this.

I drove around Minot Monday and there are a butt load of lawns that have not been mowed or the dandelions in some yards are so thick you cant see the grass. This is bullshit. :mad:

There are city ordinances that are in place for this purpose, that aren't being enforced by the city. Ooh but wait the city has all these vacant lots from buying out homes after the flood that look the same way. ;:;banghead
I guess its time to start calling the city every day and complaining about it until they do something about it.

Honored Member

I drove around Minot Monday and there are a butt load of lawns that have not been mowed or the dandelions in some yards are so thick you cant see the grass. This is bullshit. :mad:

There are city ordinances that are in place for this purpose, that aren't being enforced by the city. Ooh but wait the city has all these vacant lots from buying out homes after the flood that look the same way. ;:;banghead
I guess its time to start calling the city every day and complaining about it until they do something about it.

Worry about your own yard for F*ck sakes.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
6_20190304163452_17062729_large.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My lawn looks exceptionally unkept right now today. I mowed it short and bagged it in early May to get all the dead leaves blow-down sticks etc picked up. Then typically, I'll leave the lawn until I get a bunch of it "heading-out" before the 2nd mowing. I did put down weed/feed so my dandelions are mostly knocked back to a dull-roar.

I'll probably mow it later today. It'll be the darkest and most lush lawn on the block once I do because I let it grow up a little.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what Minot does......but the property owner should get a warning saying they need to cut it and if the city has to cut it, they will charge the property owner. I had a twat complain about my yard couple years back, the front and back where mowed, but the boulevard part I left to grow some, honestly it wasn't even bad to tell ya the truth, come home from work, there's a notice on the door from the city saying it needs to be cut, and I had one week to do so, and if they had to cut it, they will charge me...talk about douches bags in the neighborhood.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my first house i had a rental property next to me. There was about a year where the guy was remodeling it and wasn't taking care of shit. Once the lawn hit about 12" and full of weeds and became a mosquito breading ground to the point i couldn't even walk into my backyard, I called the city. A few days later there was an orange note on the door, A few days later it was mowed, Problem solved.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently my lawn looks like hell. Right before we were getting these rains, we didn't have same as any dandelions, but with the rains and not be able to mow, I have a yellow lawn. I'm sure my neighbor farms love me right now.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
well youd be biching about my yard too.....then

i guess a guy cant take a long wknd with family, smash some walleyes without have to wrorry about the prim and proper neighbor anymore eh...

summer is short enough you can bet your ass I wont miss a nice day tidying my yard up cuz my "neighbor wants me too" but im lucky my neighbors yard is worse than mine so at least were on the same page.

SlamminSalmon

Honored Member
I don’t spray never will! I like my crawlers, feed clippings to the chickens and mulch in the garden. Don’t need chemicals on my food that’s why I raise it.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is kinda like a pubes or no pubes kinda thing, tough to tell ppl what to do with their business. The neighbors yard causing mosquitos in my yard would definitely need to get addressed as those little demons rate right up there with the cancer word in my book.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
"kinda like the pubes vs no pubes deal"

you sir, win the internet today

:;:cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I have so much lawn guilt right now I'm leaving work to go home and mow :(

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Worry about your own yard for F*ck sakes.

Speaking for myself only, That’s PRECICELY what I’m doing when my neighbor grows a f*cking jungle of weeds and thorns.
I could care less what makes up the majority of vegetation in any of my neighbors yards (I live In town, not in the country) but having someone mow it once in a blue moon shouldn’t be akin to pulling teeth.

If one doesn’t want to take care of their yard OR their house or physically/financially can’t, it’s just my nature to wonder why they wasted their money buying a house with a yard just to slowly watch it go to hell. It’s their money I guess but when their laziness or neglect starts making my yard look like shit or drives the value of my property down I have as much right to be concerned about it and bitch about it as they do to not to have any pride in the appearance of their property or shits given about the inconvenience they cause me.

I actually do get along with these neighbors really well. Regardless of them being hoarders and slobs, they are generally nice people to me and I have been to them. That doesn't mean I enjoy spending a steadily increasing amount of my time and my money to constantly play defense against their ever growing weed patch. It's impossible for me to just worry about my yard without taking theirs into full account is what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just buy some goats at turn them out in his yard, maybe he'll get the point.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I love mowing. On the farm I love swathing but not picking rocks or building haystacks.

so a time or two and now and then I just go mow the neighbors yard and have also spray their lawn.
Have not been chew out yet but I imagine I do open that door up.

But I love to mow and do not nave a riding mower. A few days ago the care taker of our grave yard was not getting the job done for that special day on Monday so I went and mow some veterans grave. No one bitch there either. Db-2

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live out of city limits I am proud of my yellow yard . Fuck grass what a waste of time and money. Unless it is Mexican red tip that grass is alright

mills423

Why is it so hard for people to take care of their crap? Long weekend is one thing - people aren't going to care. But when it looks like a shithole because it hasn't been mowed in a month and there's crap everywhere then it becomes everyone else's problem, especially when you have to live beside it. Mice, rabbits, etc. Now the neighbors have to spend money and time fixing their shit because the neighbor is lazy. Just pick your garbage up and mow your yard - not hard.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to push mow and bag just shy of an acre as a kid might be why I hate it.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe it is a money issue...
It takes basically zero money to mow a yard. In every case I’ve lived near where someone didn’t take care of their yard it was just sheer laziness and lack of give a damn for other people’s property values.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80