No More Evinrude

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not good.
Just when you thought resale couldn't get any worse..

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
All the “good deals” on used boats I see tend to always have an E-Tec on the back. And if they have a Yamaha or Suzuki they tend to command a premium. I suppose those E-Tec deals will be even better now.

I should note that I do have a 30 year old evenrude on my riverboat and that thing has been flawless. But those were different motors and known for reliability.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They put all their eggs in the two stroke basket and it bit em In the ass

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love Evinrude or hate them, this is bad news for All of the boating public. Choice and competition drives innovation.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yamaha and Mercury rule the water anymore. I haven't seen a new Etec powered boat in several years. And the resale.....yikes! They say they will provide parts but I can't imagine the cost as the inventory runs thin!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not worried about resale I bought mine during last recession. 9hrs on motor when purchased rig was almost half price they sold 2boats that summer. But it's more jobs lost. Wall St is not main St. Jobs lost that will take years to recreate

With that said I haven't put a dime into my motor it's going on ten years. Flawless. Maintenance has been easy too.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sold my ranger with and evinrude 3 weeks ago......feel bad for the employees, hopefully they can move to other production models or find other work during these times.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn’t have been so bad for the employees if it wasn’t for the massive unemployment now

Coalburner

Honored Member
I am not worried about resale I bought mine during last recession. 9hrs on motor when purchased rig was almost half price they sold 2boats that summer. But it's more jobs lost. Wall St is not main St. Jobs lost that will take years to recreate

With that said I haven't put a dime into my motor it's going on ten years. Flawless. Maintenance has been easy too.
Exactly - the job loss in this country should concern people more than their favorite/least favorite motor being dropped. However, I love my Verado and sure am glad they didn’t quit making those.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
orth Dakota Labor Market Information (NDLMI) says the unemployment rate for North Dakota for the month of April is 9.2%.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
650 jobs lost and people are crying about resale value? Go fishing!!! #$%^&>

Lol, you said "We all knew ND would run out of coal eventually, thank god we have other resources available to us!" on the Coal Creek thread. So now you care about people losing jobs?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
650 jobs lost and people are crying about resale value? Go fishing!!! #$%^&>

Hopefully the "repurposing" of the facility in Wisconsin will alleviate job losses. And they're still supporting parts, for how long who knows. I'm sure in the near term the effect will be significant on the workforce as any "repurposing" will be a long process. Hopefully Mercury can pick some of them up as they aren't far away.

I think the value or loss of is still an important aspect of it all. A $30,000 G2 300 Etec isn't much of an asset right now and that would be concerning as an owner of a nice rig that I worked really hard to get.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully the "repurposing" of the facility in Wisconsin will alleviate job losses. And they're still supporting parts, for how long who knows. I'm sure in the near term the effect will be significant on the workforce as any "repurposing" will be a long process. Hopefully Mercury can pick some of them up as they aren't far away.

I think the value or loss of is still an important aspect of it all. A $30,000 G2 300 Etec isn't much of an asset right now and that would be concerning as an owner of a nice rig that I worked really hard to get.

30000 for a motor? How do you get a more reliable, longer lasting motor in a car that has as much or more HP and costs a fraction of that?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
30000 for a motor? How do you get a more reliable, longer lasting motor in a car that has as much or more HP and costs a fraction of that?

Punch the gas at every stoplight and run at a cool 5800 rpm's wherever you go and see how long your car lasts.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Will BRP be as good at producing parts for evinrude as they are for the other BRP machines they make? Anyone with an olde Seedoo knows that once the machine gets old good luck finding any parts......

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will BRP be as good at producing parts for evinrude as they are for the other BRP machines they make? Anyone with an olde Seedoo knows that once the machine gets old good luck finding any parts......

Whats amazing is you can still buy parts for a bunch of motors that havent been made for 30 years. New parts - some guy in china has it all and cheap.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77