Bits and Pieces

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Two bucks came through the yard this morning sporting about 6'' of antler growth. Good to see. Flock of about 150 Canadian geese flew over at about 7am this morning. Should they not be paired up? have seen a lot of pairs with chicks already. Big ass chopper flew over the farm on Sunday while I was mowing the lawn. WHOP_WHOP_WHOP I thought my mower was coming apart at the seams. Still cannot get my lab out from under the porch, she wanted nothing to do with that big bird. Carry on. LB

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I brought a couple butcher pigs home couple weeks ago. They have been out of eye sight of three of the horses. Wife brought one of this up to the yard the other day and the horse finally got sight of the pigs. I think the horse is somewhere around Omaha about now

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Horns have come out on the whitetail and have one that shows four points on each side. Over all these years I feel this is the largest I have had at this stage of growth and time. Hope it continues at this pace. Long eye horns now and hope for another point or two. Db

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I brought a couple butcher pigs home couple weeks ago. They have been out of eye sight of three of the horses. Wife brought one of this up to the yard the other day and the horse finally got sight of the pigs. I think the horse is somewhere around Omaha about now
Horses hate pigs for some reason. If you haul a pig in the trailer you will literally have to wash it out and scrub it down before a horse will even step one foot in it again. I’ve no idea why they hate them so much.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two bucks came through the yard this morning sporting about 6'' of antler growth. Good to see. Flock of about 150 Canadian geese flew over at about 7am this morning. Should they not be paired up? have seen a lot of pairs with chicks already. Big ass chopper flew over the farm on Sunday while I was mowing the lawn. WHOP_WHOP_WHOP I thought my mower was coming apart at the seams. Still cannot get my lab out from under the porch, she wanted nothing to do with that big bird. Carry on. LB

Geese - molt migrators...one that do not breed head north for the summer. See those groups every year late May/early June

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Horses hate pigs for some reason. If you haul a pig in the trailer you will literally have to wash it out and scrub it down before a horse will even step one foot in it again. I’ve no idea why they hate them so much.
We hauled them in the horse trailer and I figured it would be a problem loading the horses next time. They didn’t even hesitate walking in lol. Damn horses

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
UP early to fertilize the lawn the other morn. Pair of mallards flew from the creek barely over the roof of the house. Got around to the front yard and there they were in the lawn about 40 feet away. Sweet!! I love the crack of dawn.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Watch and see if someone posts a request for a duck recipe.:::

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88