Walk behind mowers

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a no-choke/1 pull start Craftsman push mower. It takes a few pulls to start in the spring, but once the summer is going, it's one pull and away I go 95%+ of the year. Mine is eight years old. With the annual oil/spark plug change its been great.

https://www.craftsman.com/products/m110-21-in-140cc-push-mower

can you close the back shoot(where grass goes into bag) and have the cuttings come out the side?
Thanks big time.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Toro personal pace that is going on 25 yrs and its been a great mover although it has been smoking a bit for the last couple years. I will admit it hasn't gotten the use in the last 10 years that it did in the first 15 since I moved to the country and bought a Toro 50" zero turn.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I have had 3 Hondas you cannot go wrong , my son has one that's about 25 yrs old , my second on is at our cabin and is about 15 yrs old and I bought a new one a year ago . bulletproof

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've got a 1999 Toro super recycler, with the same personal pace system they still use today. You should be able to buy that part from Acme or any toro parts store for around $30. Pretty simple fix. When mine finally dies (its burning quite a bit of oil right now), i'll be getting another super recycler.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

I really liked my Toro personal pace mower. I have a different house and a John Deere now, but still have the Toro. Must be 15 years old at least.

​Yup the older Toros were way better than the new one. We had a 19 year old before we upgraded and every time the wife mowed with the new one she said "wish I had our old one back."

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
So when we are talking Honda’s what price range are we looking at? I’ve seen them from $200 to $800.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one I am looking at is $749.
pretty set on the Honda, but am going to look into the new handle option for the Toro, then bring it to the lake, Or sell it

Iceman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get an ariens the thing is a beast. I picked mine up from bobcat for around $400

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one I am looking at is $749.
pretty set on the Honda, but am going to look into the new handle option for the Toro, then bring it to the lake, Or sell it

$749 for a PUSH mower?

Dude, we need to party some time. Obviously, it'll be on your dime.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy once, cry once. Spend for an upper end Honda and your good for 20 years minimum. Change oil every year, no ethanol gas, run it out of gas for winter storage, the end. Less than $50 per year ownership.

I watch neighbors struggle with shitty lawnmowers they purchase every 5 years. Guarantee I’ve spent half the amount in my years of mowing

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I paid about $5k more for my Hond 130hp on my boat too. Friends kept telling me how much faster their Mercury's come out of the hole. My Honda is like new and they are on their second motor. Think 20 years and see whos wallet is out of the hole faster.;:;popcorn

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an MTD self-propelled with a Honda motor that is going on 14yrs. Bought it at Sam's Club and I keep it tuned, fuel protected with Seafoam, etc. and have yet to change out the sparkplug. Auto-choke and one pull to start up every year! I will always look for a Honda motor for any push mower I own. Never have had that kind of performance with Tecumseh or Briggs & Stratton motors.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have an MTD self-propelled with a Honda motor that is going on 14yrs. Bought it at Sam's Club and I keep it tuned, fuel protected with Seafoam, etc. and have yet to change out the sparkplug. Auto-choke and one pull to start up every year! I will always look for a Honda motor for any push mower I own. Never have had that kind of performance with Tecumseh or Briggs & Stratton motors.

All our mowers and snowblowers have/had Briggs & Stratton engines on them.
All have started first pull every time.
Neighbors not so much. Thinking they don't do the yearly maintenance as written by others.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honda -- i didnt pay what you are paying though. If it has an oil filter - its then worth the dough.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
starts every time - uses no gas - keeps juanr's gut under control

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_303219_303219

Down 23 pounds in the last 32 days. Mrs johnr had me on a no fun diet. Booze - out, Dairy - out, Coffee - out, breads - out. Amazing how much a guy can drop with a vegi and tea diet.
this mower might be the final ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

$749 for a PUSH mower?

Dude, we need to party some time. Obviously, it'll be on your dime.

I have a rich wife, she handles the mower expenses, but is out on the out boozing expense, so I will buy, but it will be my favorite Ice Cold Busch Lights.. If you are in for it, i will buy them all night long, and sometimes into the morning.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75