This is a thing...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as popping corn, orville wins in my experience. But, its spendy. So, I often compromise with cheap shit done and seasoned right.

I don’t get how any popping corn could be considered “spendy”. Ha!

Here’s 8lbs for $40:
33FBA36C-7BDB-4D49-94E0-67482D76915F.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha - agreed

I was thinking to myself how incredibly cheap homemade popcorn is

I look at those popped/seasoned bags at the store and wonder what amazing margins they all make - the store and the producer

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
hmm, ranch on popcorn.... sounds like tonight that is happening. Any suggestions on getting it to stick.. Mix with melted butter? add after the butter? in place of salt? or in addition? Damn I need a job..

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
well... comparatively speaking... twice the amount of other kernels. relatively speaking, i agree... homemade popcorn is cheap.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is good ^^^

another go to i used to do a lot before the kids got so interested was a version of spicy/sweet. essentially kettle corn with tobasco added to the cooking oil.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Debating what to have for supper, buttered popcorn or Chef Boyardee spaghetti&Meatballs

sheds

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just put melted butter and hidden valley ranch powder on mine.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
My palate despises 95% salty/sweet combos so anything that resembles kettle corn is out for me. The only thing I can handle is sweet and sour with soy sauce to add more salt. If I was a buck deer all you'd have to put out is a salt lick and I'd be dead.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I followed my dads footsteps when it comes to eating popcorn, A butter spoon dipped into a variety of spices then dip it into a bowl of popcorn and gobble them up 5 or 6 kernels at a time .

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I make my own micro-wave popcorn in the bag. Brown paper bag 4# size 1/3 cup of your favorite popcorn and then spray in pam cooking spray roll top down some and put in microwave for about 150 seconds, depends on how big your microwave is. Add some sugar before popping to get that kettle corn sweet flavor. Add your butter and salt to your own taste. Works for me. LB

Now I'm confused. My microwave won't let me set for 150 seconds. When I try to enter 150 it turns to 1 min and 50 seconds. Now I know how to change 150 seconds, it's actually 2:30 but it might have been confusing for liberals who may be reading this wonderful bit of info.

And, by the way, adding a little Tabasco Sauce, to your oil while popping is another interesting taste.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
hmm, ranch on popcorn.... sounds like tonight that is happening. Any suggestions on getting it to stick.. Mix with melted butter? add after the butter? in place of salt? or in addition? Damn I need a job..

cache.php

Put some in a bowl and dip the popcorn

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read a long time ago when popping microwave popcorn since different microwave appliances have different power output you should stop the popping when the kernels popping slow down to only 1 per second. I just set the time to 5 minutes and stay there until the popping slows down.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
Popcorn at our house is simple, set air popper on counter and put big paper grocery bag in pulled out drawer, pop until bag is almost full. Melt 3 or 4 sticks of butter and pour over popped corn, roll bag shut and shake. Add your own salt as wanted. Grab a handful of paper towels for napkins and eat, if there are any leftovers they go into a baggie and last maybe a day or two.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75