BRP - Evinrudes parent company, will stop making ETECS and G2’s

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are a little slow to the game.....but that's ok. I can summarize the other topic on here for you....

"Glad I don't own one the value is going to suffer"
"How can you care about the value when 650 employees will lose their jobs"
"You dont care about the jobs"
"MN sucks"
"Buy a suzuki"
The end......

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are a little slow to the game.....but that's ok. I can summarize the other topic on here for you....

"MN sucks"
"Buy a suzuki"
The end......

:;:muahaha

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last weeks old news. Buy a Suzuki. Next topic.

Last edited:

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"cliff notes" for NDA!

"MN sucks"
"Buy a suzuki"
The end......

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You spelled it wrong. It's M-E-R-C-U-R-Y. Not Susucki. :)

I’d own another Yamaha, another Suzi, or a Honda long before I’d buy a Merc. It’s not because Merc is a poor motor, it’s because Brunswick is a dogshit parent company.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brunswick May suck but at least the big motors are built in the United States!

Mechanical equipment is only as good as the company that stands behind it. Brunswick stands behind a barricade of general contempt for the end user.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mercury is a joke. My dad had a brand new 2018 150 4 stroke merc. It blew up. Got a brand new one from warranty. The new one started leaking oil and the local boat dealer called Mercury to ask them what to do because they could not figure it out. Mercury told them to leave it and send it back out. Local dealer said absolutely not.

My dad wrote a pretty nasty letter to Mercury

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It appears you mercury bashers haven't owned an evinrude.....
Evinrude , mercury, not much difference. There are good ones and bad ones. I had a bad merc, and will never own one ever again. My Suzuki is an 08 and runs flawlessly with minimal maintenance needed. My next choice is a Yamaha, then an oar, and as a very last resort a merc.

bobberdown

I have two boats, one rigged with a 25 hp mariner (MERCURY) and the other a 50 hp bigfoot MERCURY. The mariner is over 35 years old and runs like a top. two stroke obviously, and the 4 stroke bigfoot purrs like a kitten. lemons are out there, just remember the boat acrynom , BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You'll find a bad apple in every bucket if you look hard enough. I'm opposite of most, I was a happy Merc owner and bought a boat that was powered by a one of those fabulous bullet proof grey Yamaha 200 hpdi's. Was a POS from day one that no one could figure out, had it to three very reputable dealers and was never able to get resolve. Far and away the worst 6 months of boat ownership I've ever had. Have had three Mercs, a 225 Opti, a 200 Opti, and 350 Verado with a combined 600+ hours of run time over 12 years (not many on the verado yet) and have only had to have once sensor replaced outside of normal maintenance. I'll continue with my Merc's. FYI, that Yamaha was less than a year out of warranty they wouldn't do a thing to help with cost or the dealers with diagnosis! With that said, I did have a 08' 90hp four stroke on the last pontoon that ran like a sewing machine so it help my view a little. not enough to convince me that was what we had to have on the tritoon which is again merc powered with a 150 fourstroke. so far so good with the 150, very quite and is an absolute stump puller.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two boats, one rigged with a 25 hp mariner (MERCURY) and the other a 50 hp bigfoot MERCURY. The mariner is over 35 years old and runs like a top. two stroke obviously, and the 4 stroke bigfoot purrs like a kitten. lemons are out there, just remember the boat acrynom , BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND

I think your Bigfoot has a Yamaha engine and Merc lower unit.

As I stated in my 1st post, it's not that Merc makes a bad motor, it's that Brunswick is a dogshit company with nothing but contempt for the end user.

Call up Merc, Lund, or Crestliner and tell them you're an owner with a question. You won't get an answer other than consult with your dealer. They'll dance, defer, anything but answer your question.

bobberdown

I Don't think so, on your call of a Yamaha engine on the bigfoot. how in the hell could a mercury engine made in Fon Du Lac Wisconson, get a Yamaha tag???

Coalburner

Honored Member
Evinrude , mercury, not much difference. There are good ones and bad ones. I had a bad merc, and will never own one ever again. My Suzuki is an 08 and runs flawlessly with minimal maintenance needed. My next choice is a Yamaha, then an oar, and as a very last resort a merc.
Exactly! I have noticed this with both motors and boats - you will always find someone or someone who knows someone who says this brand or that brand is junk - there is a lemon in every brand - I am sure since your username is skeeter you own one and have heard the hulls on those boats are shit from a bunch of people who don’t own one.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74