Dog's skin issue

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you use chicken or beef? I use chicken and my dog initially seemed to do well with it (german shepherd) but over the past 6 months seems to have a lot of nipping at her skin. Maybe ill switch to beef

lamb and rice puppy now and will go to large breed when he gets older

man in the box

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with a lot of what was said already. Food allergies are a pain to figure out. I've gone to lamb an rice and haven't had an issue since.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
The first lab we had had this issue. Can't remember what food we started him on(was 18 years ago) took him to the vet and she suggested IAMS Pro Active Health, cured him right up. Started the second dog on it(the one in my avatar) and no issues. Man I miss having a dog. :(

Daughter has a 4 years old lab that was on the same IAMS and started loosing weight, puking all the time and had the shits. She switched him to the IAMS lamb and rice and he is now a health dog again.

samwell7mm

Founding Member
Founding Member
As others have said...no chicken based foods is a good start. Diamond Naturals Lamb fixed the exact same problem with our GSP and we add fish/salmon oil and a spoon of cocunut oil too and that has helped.

dsharp83

Founding Member
Founding Member
i agree with the others easiest thing to try is switch the dog food , if its on purina chicken now, try the purina lamb , guaranteed the dog will eat it all the same, same cost and might cure the problem could switch back to chicken in the winter , i have always alternated chicken and lamb with my dog, just to switch it up a bit,

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
wtf is happening to dogs and kids?

I don’t recall all this allergy BS when I was growing up. Was it there and we shrugged our shoulders about it?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member

I don’t recall all this allergy BS when I was growing up. Was it there and we shrugged our shoulders about it?
Yeah I don't know. When I was a kid our dogs were lucky to get dry dog chow and never seemed to have issues. Now we got 1000's of different foods and a lot of issues! Must be the damn GMO's!:;:stirthepot

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I think more research and science . I like my dog more than most humans so I try to do my best for him. Loyalty is a hard thing to find and dogs exudes that trait I think that’s why I like them so much.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member

not saying it's not higher now...but social media plays a big part...growing up if there was an issue did you dail up your phone and call everyone you know and tell them about it ... or i mean in your case turn the crank?

download phone.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah - thought of "hyper awareness" too

but you'd think I would have seen at least ONE smoke signal regarding one of the neighbors wolves

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If we would just institute "slot limits" all these problems would go away! :;:stirthepot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75