Pigeon for dog training

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to trap some pigeons for working with the puppy. Was wondering if there were any trainers that would like to trade some birds for time. I would like to just come and watch and pick up some pointers more than any thing. He is right at 15 weeks right now.

banks 15.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to trap some pigeons for working with the puppy. Was wondering if there were any trainers that would like to trade some birds for time.

Sorta like asking a fishing guide:

"If I leave you the extra nightcrawlers/leeches @ the end of our fishing trip is it OK that I bring along a GPS in the boat?"

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorta like asking a fishing guide:

"If I leave you the extra nightcrawlers/leeches @ the end of our fishing trip is it OK that I bring along a GPS in the boat?"

Not really since the pigeons sell for $10 -$15 dollars each so it would be like trading goods for services. Most people all bring a gps fishing any way...........phone

- - - Updated - - -

My brother is doing this with his lab. He lives in Pierre, but it's his first go at it, so probably still figuring it out.
This may be a better use of your time:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dog+training+pigeon+

Thats what i was planning i have Tom Dokkens book that i am following. Also listen a bunch of Bob Owens from lone duck outfitter and kennel. Banks has been finding wings and dead birds. Just interested in watching a pro or picking up any pointers. i think i might try to get him his akc junior hunt test title.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76