boat help

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
So out of the blue my gas gauge on the dash of my boat quit working. I hate not knowing how much gas is in the tank. It must be getting power because when I turn the key the needle moves all the way past full. So the fact that it moves it must be getting power...right? Is the float bad..do they go bad? Do I have take apart whole boat to find it? Any thoughts??

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go get yourself a new sending unit, they are pretty inexpensive. On my boat it took about 5 min to install.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sensor on your tank usually two wires that run up to your gauge. Unplug remove install new usually.

- - - Updated - - -

They are usually located on top of fuel tank so whatever you need to do to get to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just buy a skeeter that’s not for sale yet:;:cheers

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
So unplug from on top of tank and behind gauge? Getting behind gauge is easy but I would then need to get into floor somewhere correct? And take off? Where do I get sending units? Thanks for help

Ha...never mind I youtubed it. Seems simple enough.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry about that. Yea just take it off your tank, two wires usually, couple screws. :;:thumbsup

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Splice a fuel-flow meter in and tie it into your fish-finder/GPS. You program in your tank size, re-set to zero every time you fill. You can display usage on your FF screen.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76