Rain Totals?

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wondering about rain totals? The pheasant hatch should be in full swing.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1.1 inches in the rain gage this morning in north Minot...woke up at 1230 this morning...pouring...we needed it! But this damn wind...drys everything out so fast...calm down...please!

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple hundredths here. Looked impressive on radar and then not much.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wind took out way more moisture than we got. .13 maybe.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
About 1/2" in 15 min. along with some dime sized hail that took out some of my beans and cuke plants. Will be replanting the damaged ones today.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure seems to be an abundance of hail this year , We got some yesterday too. I had a nice watermelon plant that the wind whipped around and broke off . There is an omen about raising watermelons in these hills, I keep trying to defy the odds.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sure seems to be an abundance of hail this year , We got some yesterday too. I had a nice watermelon plant that the wind whipped around and broke off . There is an omen about raising watermelons in these hills, I keep trying to defy the odds.
I plant my watermelon, cantalope and squash in 5gal pails with the bottoms cut out bury in the garden so about 6" stick out of ground then hill the dirt around the bucket up to the top. Protects the plants when they are the most vulnerable to wind. when I water I just fill bucket with water and let it soak away in my sandy soil.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had .2 yesterday afternoon at the farm and a half mile north the road was dry. Pastures aren't doing much, hay either.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Zip outside of Wiiliston. 62 mph winds so I guess there's that.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plant my watermelon, cantalope and squash in 5gal pails with the bottoms cut out bury in the garden so about 6" stick out of ground then hill the dirt around the bucket up to the top. Protects the plants when they are the most vulnerable to wind. when I water I just fill bucket with water and let it soak away in my sandy soil.

Wish I would have gotten around to that , I have some old tin circles but I couldn't find them. After the wind went down and the damage was already done I found them. We don't get cut worms like we used to but we used to use old shake shingles and my dad came up with the tin circles years ago after cut worms got through the shingles .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75