New boat

Monks

I would look into RECON 2185 , Ive owned rangers in the past solid boats no doubt but Ive fallen in Love with my Recon , personally customizable to your taste , personally deal with John the owner Of Recon when placing your order and not to mention about 15-20% less expensive and the ride is amazing ! Www.Reconboats.com

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't Recon go out of business?
Must have heard that wrong.

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
yar craft is a very nice riding boat, not the best that is out there though, Nitro and Warrior are still the best rides IMHO. Layout in the Yar craft is"ok" but they have SO much front end to them, like a lot of glass boats out there.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would look into RECON 2185 , Ive owned rangers in the past solid boats no doubt but Ive fallen in Love with my Recon , personally customizable to your taste , personally deal with John the owner Of Recon when placing your order and not to mention about 15-20% less expensive and the ride is amazing ! Www.Reconboats.com

That has to be one of the worst websites for a boat manufacturer that I have ever seen. Sad really.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any boat can and will take a wave over the bow if you're trolling into the waves and they are big enough... I'm not saying it will happen consistently however it will happen. It's also one of the reasons you typically shouldn't troll into them. Adjust your techniques a little and you can fish pretty dry in any boat. I have experience in skeeter, yarcraft and warriors and you will wash the boat out in all of them trolling into the waves if they are big enough.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any boat can and will take a wave over the bow if you're trolling into the waves and they are big enough... I'm not saying it will happen consistently however it will happen. It's also one of the reasons you typically shouldn't troll into them. Adjust your techniques a little and you can fish pretty dry in any boat. I have experience in skeeter, yarcraft and warriors and you will wash the boat out in all of them trolling into the waves if they are big enough.

yeh, however some boats are way worse for it than others. And the ones that I’ve been in that are bad for that, are usually also a wetter ride in the rest of the speed ranges also....,,

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve owned ranger, yar-craft, warrior, skeeter, triton and out of all of them my personal favorite is Triton, yes warrior was the best for windy days but the triton handles them to if you know how to run in big waves. My current boat 206 Triton 250 verado

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is no "best" in anything really, as everything is subjective based on how it works for you...

back in the 80's i worked at polaris and was convinced we built the best sleds... was partying with a pro oval racer 1 night and asked what he was running... his full mod sled was an arctic cat frame, a ski do motor, and polaris clutches and suspension... that kinda tells the story i think...

in anything really, i think you pick out what works best for you overall and just put up with the things that don't if you can't afford a full custom build...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is no "best" in anything really, as everything is subjective based on how it works for you...

back in the 80's i worked at polaris and was convinced we built the best sleds... was partying with a pro oval racer 1 night and asked what he was running... his full mod sled was an arctic cat frame, a ski do motor, and polaris clutches and suspension... that kinda tells the story i think...

in anything really, i think you pick out what works best for you overall and just put up with the things that don't if you can't afford a full custom build...

Yep, they're all, always a compromise. A boat with enough front and rear deck space to accommodate 4 people casting probably isn't going to be the most comfortable when trying to take those same for people out with down riggers.

Deck space/floor layout/storage vs. seating/storage and how high are the sides, etc, etc, etc, etc/

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76