Blue Lake

Spaz163

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know anything about Blue Lake just north of Brush Lake? Considering looking at cabins there, but would like to know more about the lake. How’s the water and what’s the fishing situation like there? Thanks for any help.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
from my understanding it is a private lake meaning you will not recieve fishing stockings by the GF.
the cabin owners could prolly get a permit and have it privately stocked at their expense but unless waters have public access they will not be stocked on the tax payers dime. other than that I know very little of it.
if it is a public lake it should be listed on the annual stocking reports per the GF webpage

Spaz163

Founding Member
Founding Member
from my understanding it is a private lake meaning you will not recieve fishing stockings by the GF.
the cabin owners could prolly get a permit and have it privately stocked at their expense but unless waters have public access they will not be stocked on the tax payers dime. other than that I know very little of it.
if it is a public lake it should be listed on the annual stocking reports per the GF webpage

That makes sense. I can’t find anything about the lake on the G and F site so it must be private.

Anyone else on here fished it?

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
if there is a culvert between the two i would assume anything in brush is in blue but i dont know if there is a culvert or if there is no water connection at all.

if you like it lake wise but don't mind trailering to Audubon or sak then its a solid location I guess.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is definitely more of a recreational lake. The poor water quality does not support many species of fish, but I do know there are some pike in there. Others are correct on stating that it is a strictly private lake.

Spaz163

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is the water poor? Just curious what issues it has.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have family members with cabins on that lake. I’m sure it gets some remnant fish from Brush but winter kills(it’s a shallow lake) I’m sure every couple years that keeps any real population of fish to take hold. Plus the alkali in the lake doesn’t help the fish population. Some years the alkali isn’t even noticeable. The last couple years though it has been. It is a nice quiet lake though with good fishing in the surrounding lakes. To answer your question, fishing wise it’s not a good lake. As a matter of fact it’s pretty much non existent.

Spaz163

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have family members with cabins on that lake. I’m sure it gets some remnant fish from Brush but winter kills(it’s a shallow lake) I’m sure every couple years that keeps any real population of fish to take hold. Plus the alkali in the lake doesn’t help the fish population. Some years the alkali isn’t even noticeable. The last couple years though it has been. It is a nice quiet lake though with good fishing in the surrounding lakes. To answer your question, fishing wise it’s not a good lake. As a matter of fact it’s pretty much non existent.

Thank you much!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67