2021 Ford Bronco

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the new Bronco they revealed yesterday. Stuck to what it should be good at and added some modern tech. Dont mind the looks one bit either.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see Jeep is going to make a v8 jeep with a 392 hemi, that would be fun to test drive

Im hoping Ford will put a 3.5 liter HO Ecoboost in a Bronco. They have them in the Raptors right now. 450 hp and 510 ft lbs of torque

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Bronco, available in both two- and four-door models, starts at $29,995 for a base two-door and $34,695 for the four-door. That setup comes with a 2.3-liter EcoBoost inline-four (projected to make 270 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque) and a seven-speed Getrag manual transmission. Ford likes to call first gear a crawler gear, which, when paired with the optional automatic four-wheel-drive transfer case, delivers a 94.8:1 crawl ratio—similar, actually, to a Wrangler Rubicon. The shift pattern puts that gear, "C", below reverse, to keep it out of the way during daily driving. The manual is only available with the 2.3, which can also be paired with a 10-speed automatic. The optional 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 is slated to make 310 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque. So whichever engine you choose, your Bronco is going to be turbocharged.

- - - Updated - - -

Im hoping Ford will put a 3.5 liter HO Ecoboost in a Bronco. They have them in the Raptors right now. 450 hp and 510 ft lbs of torque
I have a family member that has the raptor with the v6 ecoboost which i still cant wrap my head around why a v6 then I am to remember the Grand National and how that v6 was the fastest mass produced vehicle in the united states.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
39C215E8-6F02-4BDE-A3F5-63EB01EDE68F.jpg

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Reviving this thread...
Anybody have one? Thoughts?
Have all the vehicles paid off, but my 16 yr old F150 is starting to get some cancer. Under 110,000 so keeping it. Was going to buy another pickup, but since I'll keep the one I have, toying with the idea of getting a Bronco. Can't quite decide if I'd be the Cat's Ass or the biggest douche on the block...I think I like them...

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mid-life Crices?????? Go with Flame Red 2 door with the biggest turbo you can get and have fun. I would. LB

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not saying they aren't nice vehicles, but I don't get the impression they are what we all remember as the old Bronco. You know, drivetrain, suspension, fenders, etc all interchangeable with the half-ton pickups.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
A coworker got to drive 1 for two weeks when their pickup was in the shop. They couldn't wait to return the pile of shit that Ford calls a bronco. Louder than hell, top heavy, roof leaked, back seat couldn't fit anybody over 4' tall. OH, and it was gutless. I did drive it and I agree that it is a POS.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A coworker got to drive 1 for two weeks when their pickup was in the shop. They couldn't wait to return the pile of shit that Ford calls a bronco. Louder than hell, top heavy, roof leaked, back seat couldn't fit anybody over 4' tall. OH, and it was gutless. I did drive it and I agree that it is a POS.
If it has the 2.7 Eco-Boast that little thing is going to be real snappy. And then the Raptor Bronco is real real snappy. I dont know anything about the 2.3. It has a Turbo and 300 HP in a little SUV you would think would have some get up and go.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
From what I'm seeing, the new Bronco must be nothing more than the new official vehicle of big sunglass wearing, starbucks drinking, entitled soccer moms.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From what I'm seeing, the new Bronco must be nothing more than the new official vehicle of big sunglass wearing, starbucks drinking, entitled soccer moms.
This is where I'm teetering. I want to like it (full size one, not the Sport), but kind of feel that it lands right where you put it. I may test drive one in the future and see how dirty I feel when I get out.

Have to consider Tommyboy's assessment, also. Loud and leaky would not impress me.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is where I'm teetering. I want to like it (full size one, not the Sport), but kind of feel that it lands right where you put it. I may test drive one in the future and see how dirty I feel when I get out.

Have to consider Tommyboy's assessment, also. Loud and leaky would not impress me.
Kind of like me "loud and leaky plus old" LB

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like the features and jeep like characteristics you might like a bronco. If you want comfort and amenities then I would go with something else

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
if a guy has the $ to afford one of these, why not get a completely restored older one and have an actual bronco?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77