2020 Deer Drawing

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
bandcounting:

Did not realize i was bitching. just thought i was making a statement, did not get a tag as many others did not and stated i was comfortable with the system and also said it was just the way it was.
As i have stated once i took up the bow in 98 it did not take long to realize how great it is over the rifle that i hunted deer with since 1959.

The season looks good for me. Had a few old mills last night. Have a buck that is now growing his G4 out and I have never had one this big at this stage of the growth. Maybe he will grow more and maybe not (now need height) but life is good for me with the bow, my food plots, cameras and retirement. On my way up to one of my food plot to look at how the soybeans and brassicas are doing, planted the last of my trees yesterday (and i do not own this land but landowners sometimes are great)and will spend some time at the plot on week control. In fact life is damn good even without a rifle and without being that special one (the wife tells me that now and then too Band so gave you a thumps up too (that's on my right hand next to my four fingers). db

- - - Updated - - -

and thanks all for the good comments, it means alot and i will survive. db-2

Last edited:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do 30k people really apply for a muzzleloader tag in ND? It's a tough draw in SD but its probably 6k people. That is insane to me, a good hunt for sure but not to that point....

SlamminSalmon

Honored Member
Got my doe tag so some good eating for me this fall. 11 points and still counting for the muzzy think I’ll go for a full case!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
WTH, 1 preference point and no Antlered MD tag for me. I'll live and am with DB-2, don't change the draw. I know exactly what I can do to have a tag if I want one. For me it's just more important to hunt the area I like and with my family. No tag doesn't mean I can't tag along, maybe shoot a coyote, and BS in deer camp.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Until it gets blabbed all over here and facebook. Then those opportunities will be gone.

Been and open secret for a decade and it's only getting easier. Worst you can do in my unint is third choice and I've yet to do worse then second and three years of first choice in a row at this point.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Being special:

Friday i went for a ride on my goldwing trke. Into the ride about 90 minutes later i found myself going east on HWY 2 by Devils Lake.
Trafic was heavy and i found myself next to a dark red SUV, Montana plates with a small black dog with his head out the back window. The vehicle was on my right side and the dog started yelping at me. Could see a young lady by herself driving but i got stuck in trafic and she went ahead.
About five miles later i came up on her and when passing the dog still had his head out the window and yelping at me. As i got up to the lady in her 30s, blonde, long hair and good looking to me, she was laughing and we greeted each other with a smile.

About another 6 or 7 miles down the rode i notice she was catching up to me. Got on my left side and rolled her passenger window down and shook her finger at me and then show her Harley shirt, So we jesture to each other about what bike was the best.

I then pull up my shirt and she laugh and shook her head no.

Then boom, there she was, with a right boob hanging out or so it seem or i was just wishful wishing.
I took my sunglasses off and skull cap and jesture for more. Again a right boob cover with a bra.

But now we had slow down to about 35-40. I was standing up on the bike, driving with my right hand, as close as i dare to her vehicle, holding my glasses and skull cap in my left hand and asking for more.

With both hands up came the shirt, then the bra and then she stuck her chest out.

Yes, for an old guy it was a special moment in my life that i will not forget.
Hopefully for her, it was also a special moment that she will not soon forget. At least i like to think that is how it was for her to. Clean, decent fun by two people in life experience.

I then though to let her pass, come up her left side and ask for more.
But felt that would cheapen the moment for both of us, so push the cruise button and slowly we parted ways.

Yes it was a special moment that does not come often enough anymore. db-2

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
allen:
A touch of editing seem best for all. thanks. db

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
allen:
A touch of editing seem best for all. thanks. db

I'm wondering what your experience has to do with the "Deer drawing". Perhaps you were thinking your experience with the young lady and her dog was better than drawing your deer tag of preference. Now I'm going to be watching every pickup with a dog and young lady hoping I have an experience like yours. Congratulations, I'm jealous.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Retired ed:

Did not mean to hijack this thread but earlier bandcounting question why i thought i was so sprecial so i just told about something that happen to me that was special to me on Friday. Does it make me sprecial? Does not matter it just happen but I think I will remember this at least as long as if I ever do remember harvesting a 170 net with my bow.

Would i trade this happening for a deer tag?

Silly question.
Next year is another year to apply and maybe more after that. I even would not trade for a muzzle tag and would have to think twice about a bow tag trade. But I think i could live without a bow tag for a year. db-2

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Retired ed:

Did not mean to hijack this thread but earlier bandcounting question why i thought i was so sprecial so i just told about something that happen to me that was special to me on Friday. Does it make me sprecial? Does not matter it just happen but I think I will remember this at least as long as if I ever do remember harvesting a 170 net with my bow.

Would i trade this happening for a deer tag?

Silly question.
Next year is another year to apply and maybe more after that. I even would not trade for a muzzle tag and would have to think twice about a bow tag trade. But I think i could live without a bow tag for a year. db-2

Didn't mean for my comments to be negative in any manner. Loved your story and would enjoy a similar experience I'm sure. Closest I've come was when I was on a boat and we were refueling the boat after a day of fishing. Parked behind was another boat doing the same. A well-endowed young lady wearing a bikini that maybe should have been a size or two bigger. She was leaning over and pretending to clean the front of their boat. She knew exactly what she was doing and made no attempt to cover up. A nice moment for a while.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been and open secret for a decade and it's only getting easier. Worst you can do in my unint is third choice and I've yet to do worse then second and three years of first choice in a row at this point.

Plenty of people don't realize that that's an option.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not always the case of lack of knowledge.. Sometimes it's a tradition where people just want to come "home" and hunt and camp on the same ground that they hunted as kids some of them were lucky enough to hunt with Great Grandpa or grandpa .

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not always the case of lack of knowledge.. Sometimes it's a tradition where people just want to come "home" and hunt and camp on the same ground that they hunted as kids some of them were lucky enough to hunt with Great Grandpa or grandpa .
I understand that . It (lack of tags) broke up our hunting camp . But it is what it is . I’m just saying if you want to hunt there is tags . If you want to hunt in your traditional area more often maybe try for a doe tag .

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
20200630_185138.jpg
Was digging around the garage a bit tonight and stumbled across this form 1969. Only 50,000 tags issued. 9 day season and bow hunting shut down during rifle season.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cuz they are too lazy to do any research . There’s a pile of buck tags left in 3f2 for folks to get in the second draw

Put something on a silver platter and people will eat it up. Don't for a second think that people won't take advantage of opportunities if they find out about it. Wish some people could keep their damn mouths shut.

How's point creep been in the Western states? How bout Wyoming antelope? People flock to opportunity when they find out about it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76