North Dakota Fishing

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
ND is $48; MN is $52. But I agree it is surprising the number of WI especially you see in central ND but not sure of a way to curb it. Just surprising that our fishing is that much better than theirs. Not like the lodging or scenery on our lakes is great.
Our women are hotter.

Brian Halse

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do we always have to turn these questions in to a non-resident thing. The guy is looking for a place to fish and stay for Christ sake. Help him out. Fish will be biting on Sakakawea then but you may have to travel a ways. I would looks in the Indian Hills area.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you have the bay of Green Bay what in the hell would anyone from WI come over here for.

Lax G&F, it's a meat run, everybody knows it's a meat run. Nod-nod, wink-wink look the other way while they take home 3x-4x their limit.

There's a reason ND G&F doesn't do check stations anymore. The last time they did one @ the airports in Fargo/Bismack just after pheasant opener 80% of the people flying out had some sort of game violation. That 80% number isn't BS either, I can't find the article but it would've been sometime in 2004-2007. IIRC they did the same thing for duck season either a year earlier and a year later, same results, so they quit doing the check stations because residents were up in arms over the NR violations.

No check stations, no violators.

ND G&F treats NR hunters/fisher-people like the Mayor of Seattle treats the residents of CHOP.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I, not so vaguely, remember the article SDMF alludes to. I was actually surprised by the number of infractions as I had friends up from NC the same year and while they didn't get checked, they would have been safe from being ticketed as we followed the rules.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't really disagree with anything in this thread, BUT..... how many of our own residents aren't getting caught doing the same things? I don't like out of staters taking our stuff when it's just as easy to do it on their own home turf, but we could police our own a bit better.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't really disagree with anything in this thread, BUT..... how many of our own residents aren't getting caught doing the same things? I don't like out of staters taking our stuff when it's just as easy to do it on their own home turf, but we could police our own a bit better.

Checkpoints on 2/281/20 somewhere near Devils, 83, 1804, & 22 on near Sak. Steele, Wishek, Jamestown, Lehr, Lehr, Lehr, Lehr, and Lehr. Not just for NR’s.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can put you in contact with a guy in Lake of the woods if you'd like. Fishing is good.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you have the bay of Green Bay what in the hell would anyone from WI come over here for. And not to mention Erie. These guys are nuts
Cuz they can come here for a week and keep every fish they catch until they get boat limits , go in clean them go back out for more limits , eat a few , go back out for more , repeat for 4-5 days and take coolers full home and never get checked

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I didn't realize that ND had that many towns named "Lehr" ;)
Checkpoints on 2/281/20 somewhere near Devils, 83, 1804, & 22 on near Sak. Steele, Wishek, Jamestown, Lehr, Lehr, Lehr, Lehr, and Lehr. Not just for NR’s.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76