cloud seeding...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d have to ask him. Flight watch or something like that

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you can get the link on the site today, I bet we'll see them flying later this afternoon from the way it sounds.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
He said it’s called flight aware

This is a kinda cool app if you fly alot or did fly alot. You can track your flights, etc. I did a part time gig at the local airport for a couple years so flew non rev when we went someplace and this flightaware app was kinda handy for that.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
last night was same old story - hit the border and poof - gone cept for some thunder and lightning...

i went on the weather channel app - radar - changed it to past 24 hour precip amounts, and you can see it died right at the border...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep just another night in cloud seeding world. Had a nice little storm coming straight down highway2. Just salivating Over my new grass getting free moisture lol. Between the border and my place it totally collapsed and it barley got the ground wet

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
5 on the border this evening
B649ABFB-8FED-44CB-A991-38087BC44B8F.jpg

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seeing 3 planes from Weather Modification in the air right now 7:18 MT, seems they are early and actually into Montana, is that normal to cross the border? I guess I made the assumption they hit the storms at the border by design.

https://flightaware.com/live/

Wonder why this doesn't show the Bowman planes like yours does?

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is kinda crazy isn't it??? why is this not reported, praised, or ridiculed??? kind of a keep it on the down low type deal???

is this uncle or some individuals or companies or what??? i don't know a pilot that flies for free, or companies that provide the chemical to do this for nothing...

fwiw, i had no idea when i started this thread... there is much more to this than i ever expected...

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Download the free Flightradar24 app. All 5 are still there, you can even do a free 7 day premium trial to overlay the radar.54409E2F-1F69-44DC-8633-BFAC6EDF2580.jpg

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
when I click on the individual planes and it shows the flight path it is pretty crazy, seems like an expensive project

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m hearing an inch of rain here, wind blew pretty good for awhile but not as brutal as the forecast was saying.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is hard for me to believe that with the size of planes we are talking about that the amount of chemical they can carry would be enough to have an effect on a massive thunderstorm.

There is no proof that it works but this just shows how hard it is to get rid of gov't programs.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn’t need much chemical obviously. This was a huge storm so they brought in recruits. General most you see is three planes. These are UND students getting free flight time. Notice how fast that red shit turned to orange? They were in MT doing it. They must have a buffer zone just over the border. When I was seeing the red turn orange in MT I was thinking wow that’s unusual that usually doesn’t happen until the border when the planes hit it. I didn’t have the flight app on my work phone. My personal phone was on the charger. Makes perfect sense if they were flying in MT. As much as I’ve watched this over the past seven plus years there’s no doubt in my mind this works and works quite well.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does seem like an odd use of dollars but Williston reported 0.64 inches last night so I wouldn't say the storm exactly vanished. Seemed like it was a fairly narrow band out that way, just intense.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62