cloud seeding...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I doubt my observations were very close to scientific, but the live map I watched looked like the storms weakened before the planes got to them? I assume the silver iodide needs to be sown directly in the storm or is it laid out in advance of the storm?

So if this program is 40 years old, and assuming what looks like real successful, is there a band of ND/MT right on the border that is a lush oasis?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live ten miles west of Williston and we got 1.25”.

- - - Updated - - -

They seed the leading edge of these storms. They can be out front of it a ways. It really has nothing to do with how lush the western few miles is that would be totally dependent on the number of storms. Right now it’s wet as hell all along the west edge

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you zoom in on the Grand Forks airport on the FlightAware web site it looks like UND has a couple dozen planes in the air most likely with student pilots logging flight time.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep students in the air nearly around the clock there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep students in the air nearly around the clock there.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not denying it has an impact, but shouldn't you be able to take cumulative precipitation models (during the months the seeding is occuring) and verify that rain is being dumped before it gets there? If it's that black and white, it seems it should be relatively easy to see in the precipitation amounts in the area.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You probably could if someone has tracked that. I don’t think anybody has done that and to be honest this is just now becoming a hot button issue because people here finally realized what was happening and have started paying attention. There’s a reason only three counties in the state allow it.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
guess what happened tonight...

supposed to get 1" plus, and the storms vanish sw of williston...

we have ranchers feeding last years scraps of hay to calves in pastures right now...

if i farmed or ranched, i'd go to the closest news organization who would listen and tell them i'd spent my last dime in this county... no more trucks, equipment, parts, fuel, cloths, or groceries until this is stopped... what a slap in the face with what these folks are enduring right now...

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
guess what happened tonight...

supposed to get 1" plus, and the storms vanish sw of williston...

we have ranchers feeding last years scraps of hay to calves in pastures right now...

if i farmed or ranched, i'd go to the closest news organization who would listen and tell them i'd spent my last dime in this county... no more trucks, equipment, parts, fuel, cloths, or groceries until this is stopped... what a slap in the face with what these folks are enduring right now...

The systems was big enough and severe enough they didn't need to put the damn planes in the air, heard many saying it just made it disappear in some areas that were suppose to get nailed.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
So cloud seeding is preventing it from raining? I thought it was supposed to help it rain.............

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i watched the radar last night and as soon as the first storm hit the nd border from mt, it disappeared... it was huge and i know that fairview mt got hammered, we got little or nothing out of that cell... a few sprinkles on the west side of williston... i've watched it happen again and again... don't know how it works, but it absolutely ends the rain in these storms, or at least they hold the rain until they get further away... we just end up with dry lightning storms and big wind - great idea with a major drought in place...

just south of watford city a buddy got 4.85" - we got .70 out of a later shower...

i've heard that burke, adams, slope, hettinger, and ward county also had this program but the farmers raised enough hell to get it stopped...

if it was just hail suppression, i can't imagine farmers, or anyone else would want to get rid of it...

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.tsln.com/news/north-dakota-cloud-seeding-planes-get-the-boards-green-light/

i'm from the government and i'm here to help...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is an updated read.

www.swc.nd.gov › arb › ndcmp

Ward county no longer participates in cloud seeding as it was voted out.

Rumor on face book was, the planes came from Cass county and seeded in Williams and Mountrail counties.

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure how relevant this is, but man do I miss the pleasant on-going rainy days from my younger years..now all it seems is that it hardly EVER rains during the day and only at nighttime when the wind reaches 70 mph and thunder wakes up the dogs and kid at all hours of the night. Complete opposite of the peaceful rains I remember. Nowadays, it's like "is it too late to go outside and put all the shit away in the yard that's guna end up wrecked or 3 blocks down." Smfh

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure how relevant this is, but man do I miss the pleasant on-going rainy days from my younger years..now all it seems is that it hardly EVER rains during the day and only at nighttime when the wind reaches 70 mph and thunder wakes up the dogs and kid at all hours of the night. Complete opposite of the peaceful rains I remember. Nowadays, it's like "is it too late to go outside and put all the shit away in the yard that's guna end up wrecked or 3 blocks down." Smfh

My parents talk about the 2 and 3 day soaker rains but seems we don't get them anymore. They also say the thunderstorms back in the 50s and 60s seemed stronger. Lightning and thunder would rattle the house. Maybe houses are just built better now I don't know.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like shit could hit the fan tomorrow afternoon.
As Frankie would say..BE PREPARED!!
Screenshot_20210609-235952_Facebook.jpg

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got this from "Fishmonger" on the OC: "This is the end of a 40yr cycle."

The Earth's rotation wobbles upon it's axis as it "falls" through space along with all other mass. Things will soon "cool" again which sucks. Mankind cannot effect global temperature despite retards with a famous voice and that dumbass Iceland/whatever teen.

- - - Updated - - -

Proving me wrong...or does it?...

https://skepticalscience.com/patrick-michaels-history-getting-climate-wrong.html

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Them bastards are seeding the piss out of these storms and they are dead by the time they hit the county line. Fricken sickening to mess with ma nature like that if you ask me.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The location of the jet stream often determines a lot of these “invisible wall” effects where it seems like some black magic dries up or creates localized deluges. It functions to act as a dump for the tops of storm cells. Sometimes that’s the only location that rains.... looks like “training” on radar.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75