cloud seeding...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A reminder to be careful what you wish for.

IMG_1498.jpeg
williston?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Ward County dropped the cloud seeding program years ago so what’s the excuse tonight when they don’t get much rain?

- - - Updated - - -

Williams county got pounded tonight with rain/hail!?!?! Sometimes I wonder what you are smoking……. must be some good stuff!
they killed the first wave. But while they were reloading it blew up behind it and they had no way to get to it. It’s was funny watching em fly the sides of it trying to get to it and they couldn’t. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

- - - Updated - - -

You should share some of that cake you just took.
Spend some time on some local Facebook sites. People are pissed about this cloud seeding shit. There’s a reason only four counties allow it. I’ve been watching it for 17 years.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Williston got over 6" of rain, lots of flooding, basements filled to the top ............ appears the cloud seeding worked to well

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
they killed the first wave. But while they were reloading it blew up behind it and they had no way to get to it. It’s was funny watching em fly the sides of it trying to get to it and they couldn’t. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

- - - Updated - - -

Spend some time on some local Facebook sites. People are pissed about this cloud seeding shit. There’s a reason only four counties allow it. I’ve been watching it for 17 years.

surely you all know Facebook comments are the go to for factual information, no one ever goes overboard with complaining or conspiracy theories there...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
surely you all know Facebook comments are the go to for factual information, no one ever goes overboard with complaining or conspiracy theories there...
Lol. We’ll talk to some farmers up here then wise guy. I have quite a few farmer buddies and they’re pissed. I’ll be really surprised if the seeding goes on much longer.

Catfool

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I can tell you that I farm and I am totally for cloud seeding! Didn’t have to take out hail insurance. We did get rain all the time. Weather is it own thing if it’s going to rain it’s going to. But if they can stop the hail I’m all for it! For the Facebook comment I can think of some people who are against it writing their stuff but funny they quit in ward county last year those people got large hail and are now maybe turning their views!

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I can tell you that I farm and I am totally for cloud seeding! Didn’t have to take out hail insurance. We did get rain all the time. Weather is it own thing if it’s going to rain it’s going to. But if they can stop the hail I’m all for it! For the Facebook comment I can think of some people who are against it writing their stuff but funny they quit in ward county last year those people got large hail and are now maybe turning their views!

where was the large hail in ward county?

Catfool

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year they had some around the berthold area and to the east. We had hail around carpio last night some dime size. Let’s put it this way. In my area more of us support cloud seeding. Like I said you didn’t have to buy hail insurance.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year they had some around the berthold area and to the east. We had hail around carpio last night some dime size. Let’s put it this way. In my area more of us support cloud seeding. Like I said you didn’t have to buy hail insurance.

You’re right. Maybe we should cloud seed more or try to bring the program back?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Votes and elections are popularity contests. And since when is FB a good reference for anything other than family photos?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

Speaking as one farmer (retired) to another, I remember back in the 70s and 80s watching the planes seed the clouds for hours at a time. I was intrigued by the planes flying right along the leading edge of the thunderheads and disappearing and reappearing again but there was little to no documentation on results.

I do remember a stretch of crops east of Parshall that got totally hailed out year after year , I always thought it couldn't be a coincidence.

I can't seem to find a white paper or a balance sheet or anything that proves it's a viable program. Even a pamphlet that describes the process and results as a way to promote it would be nice if you can point me in that direction. All I would need is solid proof that it's a worthy program for ND and not just a few farmers and I would be on board .

I guess since I don't understand the economics of it, it seems like spending state and county money on drain tile in the RR valley so farmers don't need to buy flood insurance. Who knows, Maybe we do ?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hail is predominantly a western ND problem, East river has less than half the occurrence, and thus the populous could care less

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Allen, I'd read the basic description article but didn't dig long enough to see the economic outcome. It's a good day to read up and educate myself on my surroundings.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakotans Against Weather Modification just came out with this. Allen do you think this is just a figment of my imagination lol. You guys have no fucking clue what’s going on out here.

We have been getting a ton of people contacting us how to end weather modification in the remaining counties in ND because these people are sick and tired of the planes flying during these stressful times. We will be doing an interview and posting here in the coming days. Also we will be holding a townhall in July giving guidance and advice on how you the people can end this bureaucratic nightmare infringing on your private property rights and livelihood. Stay tuned and keep sharing this page. We ended the weather modification program in Ward county, in a landslide win of over 9-1, putting the longest continuously run weather modification program in the world to rest once and for all.
If this program did what it claimed everyone would do it. Instead there are only 4 counties left in the USA, all here in western ND, who use your money to mess with your livelihoods. Let us end this together!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakotans Against Weather Modification just came out with this. Allen do you think this is just a figment of my imagination lol. You guys have no fucking clue what’s going on out here.

!

Hah, I think you are a mechanic who is overstepping his knowledge base. Shocking, I know.

You do know it doesn't take much effort to prove there are factually incorrect statements in that last post. There are active cloud seeding programs from Texas, all through western U.S. and on up into Alberta, CA. facts.pdf (state.nd.us)

Look, I too am from western ND, so you being all Goose Lakey on me is just dumb. Along the same lines, I don't particularly care if ND does cloud seeding since I no longer have much of an exposure to agriculture, but the scientific theory is pretty solid on it. All my stuff is insured so if it gets hailed out, I'll just replace/repair it.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’ll come to a screeching halt here within the next year or two. The ag community here has done an about face and more every day are against it. I talked to three more farmers on my route today and Jesus they were going on and on about how fed up they were with the weather mods. And the funny thing was I never even brought it up lol. Like I said before there’s a damn good reason only four counties allow it. Soon to be three lol

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’ll come to a screeching halt here within the next year or two. The ag community here has done an about face and more every day are against it. I talked to three more farmers on my route today and Jesus they were going on and on about how fed up they were with the weather mods. And the funny thing was I never even brought it up lol. Like I said before there’s a damn good reason only four counties allow it. Soon to be three lol

Glad to see that you are such an ally of the ag community!!!!

You should be thanking cloud seeding for preventing an even worse disaster in Williston and the surrounding community! If that first round of storms wouldn’t have disappeared after cloud seeding we could be talking even more severe flooding. The citizens of Williston own cloud seeding Big Time!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77