cloud seeding...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hah, I think you are a mechanic who is overstepping his knowledge base. Shocking, I know.

You do know it doesn't take much effort to prove there are factually incorrect statements in that last post. There are active cloud seeding programs from Texas, all through western U.S. and on up into Alberta, CA. facts.pdf (state.nd.us)

Look, I too am from western ND, so you being all Goose Lakey on me is just dumb. Along the same lines, I don't particularly care if ND does cloud seeding since I no longer have much of an exposure to agriculture, but the scientific theory is pretty solid on it. All my stuff is insured so if it gets hailed out, I'll just replace/repair it.

Allen Coming from you is just plain hilarious someone like you should have learned how dumb you are ,really posting your rebutted garbage on the covid thread proving everything you posted was proven to be wrong so step away from the keyboard and get that second jab asap.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
it can do both. So your the resident expert now huh

I didn't know cloud seeding could stop rain , How does that work ?

- - - Updated - - -

Allen Coming from you is just plain hilarious someone like you should have learned how dumb you are ,really posting your rebutted garbage on the covid thread proving everything you posted was proven to be wrong so step away from the keyboard and get that second jab asap.

Come on down from that tall totem pole or you might fall and land under the bus again.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Listen, Douche. I stand by everything I said on the Covid thread. You don't like it...fuck off.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Listen, Douche. I stand by everything I said on the Covid thread. You don't like it...fuck off.
listen allen eveything you posted had been proven to me wrong look it up dishrag

- - - Updated - - -

only reason on posted that is because who are you to tell someone he overstepped his realm of expertise, coming from you is golden

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't know cloud seeding could stop rain , How does that work ?

- - - Updated - - -

Come on down from that tall totem pole or you might fall and land under the bus again.
that’s kind of a misnomer. What it does is make a storm suddenly dump all its water at once. Leaving everybody else that was in the path of the storm without rain. Hence stopping it from raining where it would have rained. This has become a really interesting subject out west as of late. When my son was in high school he worked at the airport at the FBO. All the weather mod pilots worked out of that FBO. He talked to them all the time. He knew nothing about it and being the inquisitive kid that he was he picked their brains constantly on the subject. He eventually got his pilots license and of course that includes a lot about weather etc. so about 2.5 years ago, after many years of watching this all play out he posted a message/story on Williston Facebook site because we were in the middle of a long run of no rain. And everybody had been seeing these storms develop in MT and just disintegrate as soon as they hit the ND line. So his post was in response to many questions, especially from people that aren’t from this area that have never seen this kind of shit happen. So that post he made 2.5 years ago planted the seed in peoples heads to start paying attention. He referred them to the flight apps so they can watch in real time and see exactly where the planes fly and see that right on those paths the storms fell apart time and time again. So now this spring we have had several storms dead on line to give us needed water to prevent all the damn fires we have been having. Well they constantly fell apart. Somebody kicked his story from over two years ago back up. Now he says he gets so many messages he can’t answer them all. People are furious. It is starting to snowball like a mother fricker. He was approached by the group from ward county that got the cloud seeding there ended. They are a very well organized and funded group. They said they would take it and run with it here now since so many people, including many many farmers have finally realized how detrimental it is. It isn’t hard to figure out why only four counties in ND do it. And MT doesn’t. And I don’t believe SD does either.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
that’s kind of a misnomer. What it does is make a storm suddenly dump all its water at once. Leaving everybody else that was in the path of the storm without rain. Hence stopping it from raining where it would have rained.

That part I understand . Earlier posts seemed to mislead people to believe these planes were drying up the clouds instead of making them bleed. If Williams county seeds incoming clouds at the state line and the county is still dry, It's one of two things. Either the clouds aren't ripe yet or cloud seeding doesn't work. Pretty simple concept , You either make a cloud dump or not .

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this was a thread about the trespass bill and tree Rows it would be fuck those farmers but now we’re on the farmers side against cloud seeding. It’s interesting how people switch sides when it serves their own purpose.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this was a thread about the trespass bill and tree Rows it would be fuck those farmers but now we’re on the farmers side against cloud seeding. It’s interesting how people switch sides when it serves their own purpose.

According to catfool, farmers are all for it! One less insurance they have to buy…. Although it would be nice to collect hail damage insurance and still harvest it dontcha think?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
seems like the issue of hail suppression is getting lost, doesn't the benefit of that get a seat at the table? or is it like an anti-vaxxer that is not scairt of polio because they don't have first hand knowledge of anyone that has been stricken?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I said earlier in this thread, if it is so apparent that the seeding is causing the rainfall to be dropped before it gets to area X, it shouldn't be that difficult to provide proof. Cumulative rainfall maps should show a stark gradient between lots of rain and no rain right in the counties that are being flown. I know those maps aren't perfect, but even still you should have ground proofing simply from citizen weather reporters. There has to be some way to show what is going on.....if it can't be shown, either way, I don't see how it can continue. Heck, even insurance companies should be able to tell if a county/area has more hail liability just due to claims if that is the reason for it. And nobody can locate this info? I have no dog in the fight but find it interesting how something so controversial can't be supported by data, either by those who hate it OR love it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to figure out how to get my Google Earth history thingamajigger back. That would pretty much tell the story. Is that feature only on the pro/pay now ?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It can be misleading looking at just rainfall totals. You can get a shit pile of rain without thunderstorms. For example two falls ago. We had one of the wettest falls out west here on record. Wasn’t a single thunderstorm. If a person could narrow it down to the month or so you could figure June/July/august we’re most likely thunderstorms that brought the rain. But that’s no guarantee either

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It can be misleading looking at just rainfall totals. You can get a shit pile of rain without thunderstorms. For example two falls ago. We had one of the wettest falls out west here on record. Wasn’t a single thunderstorm. If a person could narrow it down to the month or so you could figure June/July/august we’re most likely thunderstorms that brought the rain. But that’s no guarantee either

With Google earth there is/was an option to look back at the history of satellite images , that I can't seem to find. I was thing of looking for greener areas where the rain was supposed to fall.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member

I agree a yearlong total would not make sense. But there are places to do it monthly, like here-

https://water.weather.gov/precip/

Now is it accurate enough? Did rainfall occur outside of thunderstorms? All valid questions. But, big claims require proof, one way or another. Screaming bloody murder without a shred of evidence (for or against) doesn't mean much to me. There has to be real data, real proof to either stop the seeding or keep the planes flying. It's crazy to me to think that a fight this big is based upon perceived observations.

On a side note, the area of our farm got 6 1/2" of rain last week in 3 hours right on the ND/SD border. Absolutely nuts.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree a yearlong total would not make sense. But there are places to do it monthly, like here-

https://water.weather.gov/precip/

Now is it accurate enough? Did rainfall occur outside of thunderstorms? All valid questions. But, big claims require proof, one way or another. Screaming bloody murder without a shred of evidence (for or against) doesn't mean much to me. There has to be real data, real proof to either stop the seeding or keep the planes flying. It's crazy to me to think that a fight this big is based upon perceived observations.

On a side note, the area of our farm got 6 1/2" of rain last week in 3 hours right on the ND/SD border. Absolutely nuts.
probably the best way to research it would be to look back at hail damage/rain fall amounts in the counties that used to allow cloud seeding then outlawed it. Such as ward. I know of no county that outlawed it that went back to doing it again. I would think if they felt eliminating it was a mistake they would have went right back to doing it

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74