Down Goes DAPL

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes the reservations need to disappear. Today they are the biggest obstacle to natives success

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes the reservations need to disappear. Today they are the biggest obstacle to natives success
Yes, and ask yourself, who is the better friend of the American Indian the one that keeps them under their thumb with money baiting, or the one that wants to see them stand up and be independent and one of us? 200 years ago the "native" Americans were subjugated with the gun. Today the "native" Americans continue to be subjugated by the liberals with the dollar bill. It's the lefts way of keeping people down while telling them they are fighting for them. This applies to "native" Americans, blacks, Mexicans, whites, everyone who takes the bait.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
First peoples,
I prefer this definition since they really are not native. I would say the American Indian is indigenous. Names get thrown around a lot without people really thinking about the meaning. Often they are just trying to make themselves more important than others.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well according to this the plains Indians really haven't occupied the plains all that long, maybe this is fake news?

https://www.encyclopedia.com/histor...-and-maps/native-north-americans-great-plains

"Most of the people now regarded as Plains Indians moved to the area after 1650,
when Europeans settling on the Atlantic coast forced eastern Native American groups
to move west. The Sioux, or Lakota, for example, migrated from Minnesota to the Plains
in the late 1700s. The Cheyenne arrived in present-day North Dakota from their traditional
lands in present-day southern Canada by the late 1700s."

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
And nobody honestly knows for sure on any of this stuff. It’s all scientific wild ass guesses

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well according to this the plains Indians really haven't occupied the plains all that long, maybe this is fake news?

https://www.encyclopedia.com/histor...-and-maps/native-north-americans-great-plains

"Most of the people now regarded as Plains Indians moved to the area after 1650,
when Europeans settling on the Atlantic coast forced eastern Native American groups
to move west. The Sioux, or Lakota, for example, migrated from Minnesota to the Plains
in the late 1700s. The Cheyenne arrived in present-day North Dakota from their traditional
lands in present-day southern Canada by the late 1700s."

That may be true, but the lodge Natives were living in the Missouri River Valley for thousands of years. Archeological evidence proves this.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They also question if those people are the ansestors of present day American Indians. The modern American Indian may have displaced them the same as Europeans displaced the Sioux for example. Also they displaced each other. The Sioux started out way east and were driven into Minnesota. Its not that long ago they had their last battle and rear end handed to them by the Chipewa at Bad Axe Lake.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
blah blah blah, same old bs to degrade natives, and the. make them lesser so that way it’s okay to be a prick, that’s it’s okay to have an entitled voice to natives, but natives aren’t suppose to say anything because. Or else they’re a bad Indian. Cool story bro
You lost bro. Get over it. You should be grateful the white people let your people coexist as one of their own. And bends over backwards to help your people. And to be so ungrateful. Pathetic. You are truly a whiny people.

TripleSK

Established Member
So what color are u then sk? Acting all high and mighty.

any color you want me to be, but if it makes your soul feel better, white.

- - - Updated - - -

USA vs Britain....... fuck the English, get the fuck out

USA vs Confederates.........fuck the racists, take away their flags and monuments, forget your history and ancestors

USA vs Tribes........... I’m so sorry we took your land here is a monthly check and here is your land back. Let’s forget all the crimes you committed against us and it’s all our fault.......

All were ENEMIES of the USA and should be treated as such because they were DEFEATED!

I would really like proof from you that natives receive free monthly checks. The guys I know don’t get shit. Lmao, oh! You also you forgot, take your land, make a bunch of promises that you never keep, find gold that within their treaty lands, kill off their main food supply. Have a another war/conflict over it because F the natives. Hunt them down and send out an extermination (Custers dumb ass), eventually placing them where the reservations are today. AND THEN, promise to give them blankets, food, and land, BUT the food was already old and wasted by the time it got to the rez’s, and then fast forward to taxing natives for their land they were given, then turn it around and sell it for pennies on the dollar to a nonnative. Which results in today’s reasons of why there’s checkerboard land al over the place. And then! Make their culture illegal to practice until the 1970s, oh! And they weren’t consider legal citizens until 1920s.

AND THEN, just to summarize it short because I’m already tired of explaining history you forgot about in your post. Boarding schools, relocating families into unknown parts of the country. All the molestation and rape within those schools, etc.

The US did wrong from the get go, had plenty of chances to make things right, even in today’s day and age, but nope. Screw the little Indians that everyone likes to shit on all the time, but not if you’re hunting or fishing down there. Lmao smdh

- - - Updated - - -

you never answered my question on where the water intake is and how the pipe line would affect that?

Their new one is SD side, NW of mob, but that makes it alright if there was a leak?

- - - Updated - - -

You lost bro. Get over it. You should be grateful the white people let your people coexist as one of their own. And bends over backwards to help your people. And to be so ungrateful. Pathetic. You are truly a whiny people.

You see it as whiny, when in reality they’re not. They have to fight tooth and nail just to get the shit end of the stick. Bending over backwards for them is an overstatement, don’t flatter yourself bro.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which results in today’s reasons of why there’s checkerboard land al over the place
Whats your experience with living on a reservation. The reservation I grew up on the people only lived on about 20% of it. They had to het permission to sell some. Now the gov is buying it back for them. Some of the land the gov bought backbthe Indians have already sold AGAIN. I dont think you know much about history, or you ignore the truth. Where did you hear these things college?

They have to fight tooth and nail just to get the shit end of the stick.
Total unudulterated bs.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The mistake we made was “giving” them anything to begin with. It was a damn war. We obviously won the war. We should have told them if you want to stick around fine meld into society and work and make a living like the rest of us. We shouldn’t have promised them anything and not given them anything. It has led to their demise. Had they not been given all this and promised all that they would have had to make do like the rest of us and would be far better off for it today. Not they’re cut in a game or political gamesmanship and being used as pawns every damn day. It’s ridiculous

TripleSK

Established Member
Whats your experience with living on a reservation. The reservation I grew up on the people only lived on about 20% of it. They had to het permission to sell some. Now the gov is buying it back for them. Some of the land the gov bought backbthe Indians have already sold AGAIN. I dont think you know much about history, or you ignore the truth. Where did you hear these things college?

Total unudulterated bs.

Great grandfather grew up on rez, graduated, went to WW2, came home, had no where to go, so him and his growing family got ahold of tribal land for cheap during that time frame of taxing, had it for 30 years before his body broke down on him. Sold it to his relatives when he retired

And true that they had a buy back program, but if I recall, not a lot of private pieces were ever sold back. Although the fractionated tribal was bought

And you would either have to be blind as a bat or don’t want to see that they do have to fight for what they have left. Wouldn’t you?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great grandfather grew up on rez, graduated, went to WW2, came home, had no where to go, so him and his growing family got ahold of tribal land for cheap during that time frame of taxing, had it for 30 years before his body broke down on him. Sold it to his relatives when he retired

And true that they had a buy back program, but if I recall, not a lot of private pieces were ever sold back. Although the fractionated tribal was bought

And you would either have to be blind as a bat or don’t want to see that they do have to fight for what they have left. Wouldn’t you?
exactly who are they fighting and what are they fighting for?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
exactly who are they fighting and what are they fighting for?
No kidding. They’re so oppressed. Lol. Always the victim...

- - - Updated - - -

The struggle is real for everyone. Some just bitch about it more.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that the BIA and the Reservation system has done for the Indian Nations what LBJ's Great Society has done for the African Americans/Blacks in the USA. Not necessarily as much for the Native Americans as for the African Americans with replacing the husband/father in the family, but still replacing the bread winner with the American government and subsidies.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So what color are u then sk? Acting all high and mighty.

Pretty obvious he is white with a bleeding heart.

I got bad news, the folks in this world who hate white people and blame them for all of their problems just because they are white hate the ones protesting next to them too. Sorry.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell you what TripleSK when I was a kid I was jealouse of all the food the gov gave them. They came around and tried selling us their surpluse so they could buy boozr, but you couldnt buy it or you were in trouble. The kids in school had all the up to date latest fad in shoes while our toes were crunched into last years cheap shoes.
No I dont think they have to fight. What was it they were offered 30 million? They got greedy and wanted 70 million so they screwed themselves.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
any color you want me to be, but if it makes your soul feel better, white.

- - - Updated - - -

I would really like proof from you that natives receive free monthly checks. The guys I know don’t get shit. Lmao, oh! You also you forgot, take your land, make a bunch of promises that you never keep, find gold that within their treaty lands, kill off their main food supply. Have a another war/conflict over it because F the natives. Hunt them down and send out an extermination (Custers dumb ass), eventually placing them where the reservations are today. AND THEN, promise to give them blankets, food, and land, BUT the food was already old and wasted by the time it got to the rez’s, and then fast forward to taxing natives for their land they were given, then turn it around and sell it for pennies on the dollar to a nonnative. Which results in today’s reasons of why there’s checkerboard land al over the place. And then! Make their culture illegal to practice until the 1970s, oh! And they weren’t consider legal citizens until 1920s.

AND THEN, just to summarize it short because I’m already tired of explaining history you forgot about in your post. Boarding schools, relocating families into unknown parts of the country. All the molestation and rape within those schools, etc.

The US did wrong from the get go, had plenty of chances to make things right, even in today’s day and age, but nope. Screw the little Indians that everyone likes to shit on all the time, but not if you’re hunting or fishing down there. Lmao smdh

- - - Updated - - -

Their new one is SD side, NW of mob, but that makes it alright if there was a leak?

- - - Updated - - -

You see it as whiny, when in reality they’re not. They have to fight tooth and nail just to get the shit end of the stick. Bending over backwards for them is an overstatement, don’t flatter yourself bro.

that’s the water treatment plant not the intake. So where is the intake in relation to both Mobridge and web water and at what depth. What is the weight of oil vs water and how much would have to be released in the lake to make it to either of the three intakes. Let’s just stick to facts and leave the emotions out. My best friend is a member of CRST his daughter is my god daughter so we can leave the race issue out of it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75