Down Goes DAPL

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lawsuits are probably being handed to the court already. They will get a stay and an appeal to higher court and middle finger given to this judge

- - - Updated - - -

Trump needs to put a huge tarif on oil coming off the reservations. This bullshit would stop in ten minutes

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's all over the news. Pipeline is to shut down within 30 days? Will It? What happens next?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ss-pipeline-shut-down-pending-review-n1232970

They rather have the pipeline sit idle full of oil for 13 month..... sounds like more of an integrity issue than just letting it run for those months.....

It will likely be appealed and hopefully the order lifted. Who do you think is behind this? Warren Buffet or the Saudi’s? Pretty messed up when you look at the groups who support this shut down

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
I think it's deeper than just the left doing it's thing - Warren Buffet stands to make the most of this with his heavy investments in the railroads. With the approximate equivalent of 845 rail cars per day, or up to 25,000 rail cars per month (numbers are from the NDPC), the stress on the rail system will again hurt our agricultural economy with a lack of rail capacity farmers won't get the products out of the state. I also think there will be a lot more of this in the next 4 months. Anything they can do to take Trump's vision off the prize - keep him on defense - avoid sleepy joe having to talk. This is going to be one helluva run with the media against him, Hollywood $$, big Democrat donors, I am not sure we get the slam dunk people are talking about. Just my $.02....and it's a nervous $.02.......

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I stated during the protest, if the tribe is that anti oil, then we put roadblocks up at every tribal road, trail whatever and they get absolutely no oil, gas, propane or product that comes out of ground or by product of oil and they can go back to the old way of living, there green way. See how long they last without the oil products.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand it was tribal lawsuits. I also understand the Corp didn’t need an EIS statement since it is in the same proximity to an existing pipeline thus they only needed to do what they did. If I recall a lower court determined that was the case. Then the natives appealed. So there will be another appeal which more than likely will include a stay

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tear down that statue in front of Prairie Nights then boycott them

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tear down the statues and change all mascot names with Native American references. Braves, Redskins, Chiefs. I’m all for it. They want to erase all white statues, erase anything that honors them as well. I’m all for it.

TripleSK

Established Member
As I stated during the protest, if the tribe is that anti oil, then we put roadblocks up at every tribal road, trail whatever and they get absolutely no oil, gas, propane or product that comes out of ground or by product of oil and they can go back to the old way of living, there green way. See how long they last without the oil products.

if that’s the case, you better not be the first to run down for an opportunity to hunt or fish down there. I guarantee you would not be on your high horse if that opportunity was presented to you dumb ass. And they were never Anti oil to begin with, even before all of the outside entities came along. From the very beginning the were against it crossing. They didn’t want DAPL crossing because they would’ve Had to pay for the clean it down river, something that your dumb ass seems to always forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Tear down the statues and change all mascot names with Native American references. Braves, Redskins, Chiefs. I’m all for it. They want to erase all white statues, erase anything that honors them as well. I’m all for it.

lmao, quite acting like a baby. White history has been forced down everyone throats, painting a picture that the “great men” that had slaves and pushed the agenda of genocide on natives were great noble men. From the stand point of them creating a country and emancipating themselves from NE is fine to take pride in and understandable, but to sit here and tell natives how to live or what to believe in or in this case, to lie down and get fucked over by a pipeline is plain out stupid. If anyone in this country has a say just like everyone else, it’s natives.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
if that’s the case, you better not be the first to run down for an opportunity to hunt or fish down there. I guarantee you would not be on your high horse if that opportunity was presented to you dumb ass. And they were never Anti oil to begin with, even before all of the outside entities came along. From the very beginning the were against it crossing. They didn’t want DAPL crossing because they would’ve Had to pay for the clean it down river, something that your dumb ass seems to always forget.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao, quite acting like a baby. White history has been forced down everyone throats, painting a picture that the “great men” that had slaves and pushed the agenda of genocide on natives were great noble men. From the stand point of them creating a country and emancipating themselves from NE is fine to take pride in and understandable, but to sit here and tell natives how to live or what to believe in or in this case, to lie down and get fucked over by a pipeline is plain out stupid. If anyone in this country has a say just like everyone else, it’s natives.

So where is it down river that it would affect their intake of water?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is just dumb, that judge should be removed for being a fucking idiot. This damn pipeline is already in place and operating what the hell is an environmental impact study going to show? It's already over and done with and the environment is getting back to normal FFS. JFC what a waste of money and time!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The tribes don’t give a shit about the potential water issue. This has been and always will be about money. They were offered 27 million to cross a little portion of the reservation. They though they had DAPL over the barrel and said nope 70 million. What they didn’t know is that there was an alternate route approved already. So DAPL said see ya. Not until that time was it an issue of water lol. The Tribe couldn’t hardly convince people to rise up because they fucked themselves over money so all of a sudden it was about water.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Boycott Prairie Knights!!

It's been nearly 4 years since I was last there. And I don't plan on going there anytime in the near future. Whoever delivers fuel to their stations needs to discontinue this service, as they don't like fossil fuel....so they need to eliminate the use of it all together. I wonder how long it would take to ride horse to shop at WalMart and back home. Hmmmmmmmm!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's always amazed and bewildered me is the disdain for a pipeline. People truly believe that their water will be contaminated to the point where it will cause death. I don't know how even a worst case scenario break, would lead to the whole lake being contaminated? And how does this leads to people dieing? There's just no reasoning with people on it. They are convinced the pipeline WILL break, there is just no question about it.

If I truly deep down thought that something was going to destroy this great water resource where I love to fish and spend most all my recreation time, I would fight it tooth and nail. Imagine someone trying to poison your water supply, everyone of you would kill to stop it. Somehow someone equated a pipeline to that.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This river/lake has several pipelines under it now. Some have been there for forty plus years. With nowhere near the technology of this one nor near the depth below the lake bottom as this one. Like I said this isn’t about water.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anyone in this country has a say just like everyone else, it’s natives.
That term native is bs. There are no humans native to this continent. American Indians simply got here a few thousand years earlier. They didnt advance as Europe did so we see what you see in all other species in competition for the same habitat. Thats fact and not emotion. Science now traces ancestory to two points. Those that crossed the Bearing Sea area, and the souther tribes that have DNA of Polynesian ancestory like the South American and Central American tribes.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76