Now That's a Fine $$

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, makes sense to include the investigation costs into the fine. They could really fudge the numbers though, whose to say how many doughnuts are part of the subsidiary costs?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well at least they came close to breaking even on cost of arresting the ass-hat.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fact they spent 54K on the investigation is the dumbest thing I have ever read that's like hiring a team of private eyes to search for your missing huffy, then one of them seeing it getting tossed in the river. What a waste.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fact they spent 54K on the investigation is the dumbest thing I have ever read that's like hiring a team of private eyes to search for your missing huffy, then one of them seeing it getting tossed in the river. What a waste.

but wasn't this guy a "chronic" - basically an addict who can't stop? seems like a worthwhile target - unless he doesn't see jail time - he'll just not pay the fines and go on to kill again

- - - Updated - - -

anybody have a photo of this freak?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

it didn’t cost them that much. They are already paying the salary of the workers regardless if they are sitting in the office or watching for the shit bag. It is actually nice seeing people do a job they are paid for. Now the state is more or less paying on guys salary for the whole year with that 54000. Fuck we complain about poachers then we complain they catch poachers..... a fine like this might make people think twice as that’s real money

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
it didn’t cost them that much. They are already paying the salary of the workers regardless if they are sitting in the office or watching for the shit bag. It is actually nice seeing people do a job they are paid for. Now the state is more or less paying on guys salary for the whole year with that 54000. Fuck we complain about poachers then we complain they catch poachers..... a fine like this might make people think twice as that’s real money
Yea I guess, I read it like they spent 54K in specific resources for a deer, but I suppose they are lumping in salary's and charging mileage that probably would have been done anyways. To me a punishment should fit the crime, I am fine fining a guy 5K and court costs and a trophy fee if it is in that class, though this guys case is probably a bit different due to repeat offenses. To me the fact that there are people who have stabbed another person and literally only spent a night in jail and paid a 350$ fine is what is messed up, to me it is just a deer thousands of them are hit on the road every day 77K seems excessive, but it is an example to others I guess if you break the law and someone really wants to spend enough time and money to catch you, be prepared to pay hefty consequences, wish that worked with things more important than deer.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
They probably questioned him and said IF they found it they could get DNA off of it and that scared him enough to go back and try and get rid of the "evidence". Just a thought.

That's probably right, I had read it as they didn't have any idea who it was until he came back to it months later.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this asshat just gave us ND hunters a bad rap...bet the NM residents will frown on ND hunters coming to their state. Hope they garnish his paychecks for the rest of us life, as high as the fine is, it'll take him awhile to pay that off.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to see his rap sheet of past transgressions.

mrperch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this asshat just gave us ND hunters a bad rap...bet the NM residents will frown on ND hunters coming to their state. Hope they garnish his paychecks for the rest of us life, as high as the fine is, it'll take him awhile to pay that off.
We will be looked there like the sconis are looked at here. Wait no never mind not that bad nothing is that bad.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did I miss the part in the article where it says he lost his hunting/fishing privileges? Obviously this guy doesn't give two shits about seasons/licenses etc.... But he should lose all privileges in all the states that have reciprocity with NM as far as fish and game violations/punishments goes....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75