Boat license decals

Are your license decals peeling/falling off

• Total voters

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine started peeling on my glass boat this weekend. Never any trouble in the past. They have a problem to address.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've got a tin boat...cleaned the 19 decal good...put the 22 right on top...so far so good!

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, Lost one of mine this last weekend, the lady at G&F told me the same thing, reregister the boat and they will refund the ANS fee. Sounds to me like this is a problem of many boat owners. Time to let G & F know. All the previous years stickers are still on my boat.LOL

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The scammers could use this excuse to get a free set of stickers for another boat.

First thing I thought of. NDDOT is that way with renewal tabs too. I noticed mine were expired on my pickup and thought I'd forgot to order so I looked back and I had ordered them but they never came in the mail so it went unnoticed till I finally noticed 7 months later. Called them up and I need to get a form notarized that I didn't receive them. Sometimes ya just wanna tell them kma , I'll take my chances, The fine is only $ 20 and I will probably be able to dispute that and drop it to zero.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
The scammers could use this excuse to get a free set of stickers for another boat.

Pretty dangerous. You would not have a current registration card to go with the tags. And I'm pretty sure that the serial number on the stickers refers back to the registration that has a legal description of the make, model, size and description of the boat that they are for. I'm sure that a warden in the field could check all of this out on his computer in the field. Too dangerous for me for sure.

On a different note ... if this as widespread as it seems from the members are saying many, many of us will lose our stickers in the next 2 years before they are replaced.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya, I better snap a picture for proof just in case.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not yet noticed any peeling of the new stickers on either my boat or Toon. That being said, I think there's enough of you that are having the issue to where it's probably not user error.

However, let me play Devil's Advocate here and help explain what is probably the NDGF's perspective. Having not had this problem very often (ever?), I am guessing they simply do not have a mechanism in place to simply replace one's stickers. Remember, these things have serial numbers on them. So for them to "replace them", they would have to reprint the same serial numbered sticker. Rather than being able to do that, their solution is the same as if you scrapped your boat and bought a new one. You would have to cancel the registration on the boat you just sold for scrap or sent to the garbage dump. They would then refund the pro-rated amount left on your registration and you would have to buy a new registration. Basically, this is a zero-sum game that would cost you nothing in the long run but your efforts.

Someone know if I am wrong on this interpretation of the situation?

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^Agreed Allen, however with that being said, NDGF has obviously received quite a few calls or visits to discuss this "issue". A simple decision and announcement by them acknowledging this concern...and possibly a suggestion to take a picture with your stickers in place kept on your phone...would probably alleviate much of this problem.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not yet noticed any peeling of the new stickers on either my boat or Toon. That being said, I think there's enough of you that are having the issue to where it's probably not user error.

However, let me play Devil's Advocate here and help explain what is probably the NDGF's perspective. Having not had this problem very often (ever?), I am guessing they simply do not have a mechanism in place to simply replace one's stickers. Remember, these things have serial numbers on them. So for them to "replace them", they would have to reprint the same serial numbered sticker. Rather than being able to do that, their solution is the same as if you scrapped your boat and bought a new one. You would have to cancel the registration on the boat you just sold for scrap or sent to the garbage dump. They would then refund the pro-rated amount left on your registration and you would have to buy a new registration. Basically, this is a zero-sum game that would cost you nothing in the long run but your efforts.

Someone know if I am wrong on this interpretation of the situation?
Why can't that be done? I mean everything is done electronically now so why is this so difficult to do? And I'm not sure why the serial number on the sticker would even matter since they never really check that it's only the registration number and current year sticker that they care about. And how many wardens actually even check the registration to make sure it's valid and matches the boat? They don't, they just see the current sticker and ignore you.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDSportsman, Because they probably get a single batch of stickers at a time, and then dole them out as people register their watercraft. I can't imagine the stickers are being printed on demand. Only the registration card is being printed on demand from a supply of pre-printed registration blanks with already printed stickers.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
my decals are fine as well. been on the water more this year than any years past.

in regards to the "rude lday" must be a requirement for the job. FWIW there is an issue with muzzy deer refunds. i saw i got mine but my wife didn't get hers. ( same card used) called the office to inquire. i was very respectful explaining the steps i took checked all our accounts etc etc she very rudely interupts me and says very loudish " you have to check your wifes acocunt" i dais maam i paid for it with my card and even so i checked hers its not there. she continues to yell at me and finally passes me to Randy Meisner or something like that. and there is in fact an issues with some muzzy refunds so if you haven't got it yet call.....i also went into detail about judy or julie or whatever her name was and the lack of professionalism she displayed.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry to jack thread .
carry on

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
To be clear, I have one boat they are fine on so far, but it has been stored inside and used very little. I think most boats that see some more of the conditions will continue to fail. Mine were fine on the glass boat until this last weekend. Mine were applied over the old sticker after being washed and wiped clean with a dry rag.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone get the old hag's name yet? Please pm me with it as I'm gonna write her name on every posted sign this fall around my yard, she is a substandard human that we all get the pleasure of dealing with every time you call the head shed for a simple answer on anything. Tired of dealing with dipshits, did it for 25 years in the Marine Corps and the best advice to deal with a problem is to exploit it, period.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
my decals are fine as well. been on the water more this year than any years past.

in regards to the "rude lday" must be a requirement for the job. FWIW there is an issue with muzzy deer refunds. i saw i got mine but my wife didn't get hers. ( same card used) called the office to inquire. i was very respectful explaining the steps i took checked all our accounts etc etc she very rudely interupts me and says very loudish " you have to check your wifes acocunt" i dais maam i paid for it with my card and even so i checked hers its not there. she continues to yell at me and finally passes me to Randy Meisner or something like that. and there is in fact an issues with some muzzy refunds so if you haven't got it yet call.....i also went into detail about judy or julie or whatever her name was and the lack of professionalism she displayed.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry to jack thread .
carry on

I wonder if she’s the same woman working in the concealed weapons permit division. I had a specific clarification question and I got a non helpful, ridiculously rude response. I don’t deal with people like that. I asked to talk to her superior immediately. Her superior was very helpful and respectful.

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess you could call me a Karen looking to talk to someone’s manager in this instance. Haha.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
She's a real peach. Had to deal with her last year face to face. She acted like she ran the place and made the calls. I asked to speak to her superior, went up stairs and spoke to a very nice person up there. I told them what was just told to me down stairs. Was told she doesn't make those calls I do, and she was more than happy to help me out.

She's need to lose her job. Period. I'm serious, all of you that called and got her rude ass or dealt with her in person, email her superior and tell him she's not the person to be holding that position if she's dealing with the public that way, unacceptable period.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If she is that rude call her and tape your conversation then ask for her boss and play the conversation back to boss, that should do it.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just received a reply to my e-mail from Randy M. @ NDGF indicating that the Department is aware that there may be issues and they are working on a response. Hopefully it would be as simple as showing the registration and a pic of the decal on the hull. Time will tell. Cost of replacing our sticker for toon is $45 and boat is $36.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
that bitchy gal must be really good at something for her to keep her job

;:;popcorn

- - - Updated - - -

OR she knows where a body or two are buried

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Careful what you wish for with this lady , They might transfer her out of the office and into the field , With a badge and a gun.

ElkHunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used alcohol wipes before I put them on this spring and they still peeled. Mine were peeled half way off and ripped, so I completely took them off last week so I wouldn’t lose them. I figured they’d give me replacements if I had the originals. NOPE. I called the game and fish on Tuesday to ask about new stickers. She told me I need to buy new ones. I told her no way am I repaying for stickers that didn’t stick. She told me “good luck with that” and laughed. So now I’m just keeping my stickers in my cubby and will show the warden if and when I get checked.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77